Off Field (Denmark x Reader)

The team members took their places; the goalie in front of the field, along with the defenders, midfielders, and the strikers located near the front as one of them tapped their foot on top of the black and white ball, preparing for the other team member to kick.

"Three! Two One!" The ref shouted before blowing his whistle, calling for the game to start. Your home team took the ball first, juggling the ball down the field, being blocked by the away team, the ball rolling downfield to be tapped by a striker.

Your school, North Hetalia, was playing against South Hetalia, they were the biggest competitors around. Not only were the two schools rivals, but they were both the two best guys soccer teams around. The season was almost over, and your school only had one game left to decide whether you were the defeated team or undefeated champions.

Sitting on the sidelines, you kept score for your team (since you volunteered as the manager at the beginning of the season), observing the game meticulously. The game was so unpredictable you had no idea who was going to win.

Your team had one of the best players, Ludwig Beilschmit, who was known to score many goals as striker, but the other team had several cocky players like Mathias Kohler, Alfred Jones, and Ludwig's brother, Gilbert.

Ludwig dribbled the ball downfield, passing by the midfielders swiftly, now he had to accomplish passing the defense position that was in front of the away team's goalie. Normally, getting past this position wouldn't be as easy to get through, but the spiky haired blonde defender closest to him had his eyes on sidelines, staring at the girl sitting on the side, next to the players sitting out, keeping score; you.

"Mathias, dude! Get it together we have to win!" Alfred yelled while darting to Ludwig's direction before Mathias snapped out of his trance.

Lud was too fast however, punting the ball into the goal, the fans in the bleachers roaring and standing while flailing and screaming as the teams repositioned from a result of him scoring as goal.

Walking back, Gilbert yelled at his brother. "Oh well west, we're still more awesome!"

"Ja, ja, at least I got a goal." The German retorted, and meanwhile, the coach was demanding Mathias to sit out because he could have prevented your team from scoring if he wasn't so distracted.

Back on the sidelines, you sat there marking the point your team had made. As the team situated one player was taken out to be replaced by the other, and the blonde defender reluctantly approached you to sit by, as he watched his replacement take the field. For the most part, you knew a lot of people from the rival side, but you were only somewhat aquatinted with Mathias.

Mathias looked at you, giving you a pleasant smile, "Hallo! I'm Mathias, I've heard about you before! Is your name (f/n)?" He greeted you.

You weren't surprised that he knew that, after all, you knew what his name was. "Yeah, you must be Mathias."

The Dane chortled, running his hand through his wild, hair, his shining, aqua blue eyes not leaving yours. "So what are you doing here on the sidelines? This is the guys' team."

You tried to answer the question, your Norwegian friend sitting next to his uninvolved little brother in the bleachers who were watching the soccer game, beat you to it. "She's the manager why else would she be sitting next to you?" He responded to him blankly. 

"Oh, that makes perfect sense now!" Mathias nodded.

"So why exactly were you replaced with another defender on the team?" You asked him with curiosity, straightening out your soccer shirt that was different from the regular jersey since you weren't a player.

Mathias scratched his neck, without a pause he blurted out, "I've seen you around before and you look pretty darn good if you ask me, Du er smuk."

His compliment caused you to grow, even though you had no idea what the last part of his sentence even meant, it still sounded nice to the ears. "Thanks, Mathias! That's really nice of you to say that. You're actually pretty darn good looking if you ask me as well."

"Oh my," You heard Lukas mutter from behind.

"Well that escalated quickly," Emil stated awkwardly, face palming.

"Hey, do you want to make a bet?" The Dane gave you a toothy grin, wiggling his dark eyebrows at you.

"What is it?"

"If your team wins then you have to go on a date with me. If my team wins, then you don't have to," Mathias dared with excitement, he held out his hand for you to shake it as a signal of you accepting his bet.

"Deal," You acceded, reaching out to shake his palm. They were sweaty, probably from recently getting out of the game? He was too confident to be nervous to quickly step up his game and ask you out.

All of a sudden you were the distracted one, Mathias was so much fun to talk to and hang around that you nearly forgot to take score, and sometimes you were yelled at by your coach to pay attention. You were developing a crush on him the more and more he joked and talked to you, you were glad that you made this bet with him, you hope his team loses even more now.

After another 30 minutes, the game had ended and today must've been your lucky day. The score had ended up being a close 3-2 with you being the home team, meaning you guys were the champions.

Running out to the field you squealed as your team huddled up with each other, chanting with victory. On the other side of the field, the away team was upset because they took a loss.

"We're still more awesome!" The Prussian yelled across from the field.

"Oh yeah, we're going to kick you guy's asses next year!" Alfred added.

"We may not have won but I won something today and that's (f/n)'s heart!" Mathias yelled louder than the other two combined and jogged over to you, throwing you over his shoulder and spinning you around.

"Ahhh! Mathias what are you doing?!" You screamed, the other players giving the two of you a weird look.

Mathias put you back down on the grass, with him laughing. "I'm so glad you're mine now, so how about that date tomorrow night?" He winked.

Some people would've been upset with you because you were dating a guy from the rival team, but you didn't let it bother you. You liked him and he returned the feelings, both of you were happy so that's all that matters!

"Oh you know it, see you off the field." You joined in on the laughter, smirking. After saying that you treaded down the field ready to leave, reaching the gate, you turned around and stuck your tongue out, forming your hand into the shape of an 'L' on your forehead you shouted, "Later Loser!"

On your way out you were stopped by Lukas who was standing by Emil who gave you a pitied look, "Good luck with the Dane,"

~
~~
~~~
~~~
~~
~

Guys I spent all night writing this and I hope you guys like it. Also, looking back at my old oneshots from like 2014 I cringed so much at how awful they are (But at least you guys enjoy them and that makes me happy).  But now that I've matured, my writing has gotten longer than what it used to be, as well as the style changing. I still love writing about Hetalia, but I feel like my writing is boring because my humor has gotten different as well. What do you guys think? I love hearing from you all!