18// a poem for you

Dedicated to CaynnePepper for the shoutout and for just making my day 100x times better <33

A POEM FOR YOU

NO, WAIT. MAYBE SHE SHOULDN'T have sent that emoji.

Maybe she should have sent a simple smile.

Maybe she — oh, to hell with it.

Its alright, Nova, she told herself. You haven't done this before. You're not expected to have some witty, make-you-week-in-your-knees comment up your sleeves.

Trying to relax her nerves and loosen up the clenched muscles in her shoulders and arms, she laid back in her swivel chair and waited.

And waited.

Twenty minutes later, she received an email.

She instantly straightened up, her back going rigid and her fingers curling tightly around the arms of the chair.

Breathe in, breathe out. Take it slow, just like that.

Nova ran her tongue over her lips and clicked on the email at the top of her inbox.

You responded.
You actually responded.

Is it bad that I needed to pinch myself? That's bad, right? (cue the awkward laugh)

Nova Hart, of all people, responded to me.

I hope the cringe-worthy poem didn't make you, well, cringe.

I swear I can give Wordsworth a run for his money, okay?

I just... Ugh, I don't know.

Did you like the gummy bears? I saw the RB carrying around a packet today. Was it one from those I gave you? Funny, I didn't think you really shared them with anyone...

Anyway, tell me something. Anything. What's going on in that pretty head? =)

—yours truly(I'm going to take my time and actually write a proper poem for you soon enough. Just you wait and see).

Nova had on a soft smile as she went through the email; it was simple and conversational and she didn't think coming up with a reply to this would be as nerve-wrecking as the previous one.

He was just trying to get to know her better now. She was in her element here. This she could confidently do.

Shoulders relaxing, she clicked on the reply option and began typing as soon as a fresh email window opened up.

________________________________________

We've reached #395 in SS which is the highest yet -- i cannot begin to thank you all enough for all the love and support