34// sunday breakfasts

For the_indigo_sky. Thank you for voting, commenting and reading :') and a bigger THANK YOU for asking another Wattpader to read this too <3

 Thank you for voting, commenting and reading :') and a bigger THANK YOU for asking another Wattpader to read this too <3

SUNDAY BREAKFASTS

    "Thanks for this," Nova whispered to Caroline, watching through the slightly ajar door as Graham tossed on her bed one last time before he stilled and soft snores filled the room.

    "Sure, no problem," Caroline shrugged as Nova closed the door to her room soundlessly. "Known the kid since he was little."

    Nova frowned, not really remembering much of Graham's presence in her childhood. "Really? I can't seem to recall any memory with him."

    "No?" Caroline blinked in surprise. "Eh, maybe you just didn't pay any attention to him. Him and Tyler were always joined at the hip, much as you and Addy."

    "Yeah, maybe," Nova murmured distractedly. She supposed she never really paid him much attention until tonight. She felt oddly guilty at the realisation.

    "Oh, by the way, your phone's been going off since you got here."

    Nova made a noncommittal noise from the back of her throat. She was too tired and drowsy to be replying to any emails. Also, part of her was mad that he hadn't replied to her when she'd sent him messages while at the party.

    Fifteen minutes later, she'd expertly removed all makeup and changed into a tank and PJ shorts. After slipping into her room with the agility of a mouse and placing a glass of water and aspirin by the bedside table for Graham to take in the morning, she went back to Caroline's room and scooted under the covers.

    "Your bed's larger than mine," Nova said, yawning in exhaustion.

    "Shut up, Nova," Caroline grumbled and then shifted closer to Nova before throwing an arm around her, and burying her head into the back of Nova's neck.

    Nova smiled, cherishing moments like these with her sister and then sleep slowly stole over her senses.

×××

    "I can so get used to this," Caroline grinned as they sat at the breakfast counter the next morning. A drop of maple syrup trickled down her chin before she wiped it away.

    Graham expertly flipped a pancake in the air, his grin so wide that Nova genuinely wondered if his cheeks hurt.

    "I'd offer to make a habit of this and tell you I've got nothing better to do on Sunday mornings anyway," Graham was telling Caroline, "but I have got better things to do on Sunday mornings. Like sleep."  

    Nova laughed between mouthfuls of incredible chocolate chip pancakes, covering her mouth with her hand to not appear revolting.

    "You didn't have to make us breakfast, you know," Nova smiled. Both Caroline and her had woken up to the strong smell of caffeine and semi-melted chocolate chips and melted butter.

    "You didn't have to offer me a ride and a place to crash last night either," he pointed out, "I'm just saying thanks."

    "You can keep saying thanks in the form of food all day," Caroline sighed dreamily.

    "Didn't you say you were supposed to head out into the city today?" Nova rolled her eyes at her sister's tendency to eat like a caveman.

    "Work?" Graham frowned. "On a Sunday?"

    "Yeah," another sigh from her sister, "not exactly work, just need to check out the quality of a few raw materials... I need to get going any minute now."

    Caroline stood up, her pastel blue dress shirt tucked into a cream pencil skirt that ended just above her knees.

    "Leave your plate," Nova said. "I'll wash up."

    Caroline beamed, and after spending a few minutes making sure she was set to go, she kissed Nova's cheek and left the house.

    As soon as she heard the door closing, Nova's attention was once again claimed by the boy whistling to himself by the stove, looking terrifyingly comfortable at her home.

    He was still in the jeans from last night but he'd brought a spare T-shirt with him, along with his toothbrush. In case of impromptu plans, he had told her.

    Apparently he carried around a backpack with essentials, one that he'd retrieved from his car last night, just seconds before they'd left the party.

    When he turned around to serve pancakes on his own plate, Nova's eyes caught the writing on his tee.

    'Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole'

    Despite not having the slightest clue what it meant, Nova smiled.

____________________________________

So i guess the previous chapter revealed that Graham was not the secret admirer, because Nova received an email while she was talking to Graham.

Actually, it was revealed long before in the chapter where it was written through Graham's perspective (sort of, considering its 3rd person). Remember that scene where Tyler asks him what the new girl's name was while they finished practises?? And Graham didn't recognise her?

If he was indeed the secret admirer, he would have recognised her because Mr anonymous handed a letter to Nova through Mallory remember?? Haha xD

Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter <3 it had a bit of fluff, didn't it? :P