40// something new

Angelwings22222 thanks for showing so much love for this story and making me crack up with your hilarious comments xD and also for fangirling over Dean's eyes with me ;)

SOMETHING NEW

    The parlour was just as Nova remembered, pastel coloured walls and soft-toned furniture, Ed Sheeran (and sometimes Aurora, or even Birdy) playing softly in the background and the sweet, icy scent wafting through the air.

    Nova figured this was a place you needed to visit during weekday mornings, when adults were still at work and students were still at school. A time when the chatter and the laughter wouldn't drown out the coziness of this place.

    "What are you thinking about?" Graham's voice was directly behind her, her tall frame allowing his breath to fan across her ears.

    "Which flavour I want," she lied easily. Then again, it wasn't a total lie. She was standing with her hands resting against the glass of the long counter, where an array of ice cream all in various colours greeted her.

    She didn't want to tell him that she'd been thinking of the interior and the setting; she stood out enough already with her love for romantic cliches and whatnot.

    She felt unfamiliar hands gently land on her shoulders from behind, the chilly air of the parlour getting cut off as warmth flooded in from the person standing so close to her.

    "Hmm," Graham said thoughtfully, the tip of his chin brushing against her shoulder as his eyes swept over the flavours. "I'm going to go with cookie dough."

    Nova felt the words blow against her skin before she heard them.

    "I can't decide on cookie dough or biscotti," she told him, focusing on her speech because everything else was going haywire. "I think I'm going to go with biscotti." That's it, just keep speaking Nova.

    "Good for you." It sounded like he was smiling. Why was he smiling?

    And then there was a sudden rush of cold air as he stepped away, his hands dropping from her shoulders and falling to his sides. With a quick smile, he walked towards the direction of the others.