58// nostalgia

considerateheartsthank you for being there from the start :')

consideratehearts ❤ thank you for being there from the start :')

NOSTALGIA

    NOVA CHANGED INTO A TANK top and pyjama shorts, gathering her hair into a messy bun before she began washing away the remnants of eyeliner and lipstick from her face.

    By the time she was done, she felt a little better and the foggy haze that had settled over her head seemed to be gone now, making her more aware of her senses.

    She'd insisted on not needing coffee, but once Graham had seen that she was wide awake after that pretty heated moment, he'd suggested in making her a cup anyway. She couldn't argue, there was no going back to sleep now, not after she'd gotten a taste of his lips against her neck.

    Every single cell in her body was now hyper aware of her surroundings, every fibre of her being buzzing with an undercurrent of something that came to life only in Graham's presence.

    Composing herself and steadying her breathing, she made her way to the kitchen downstairs. She realised, in that moment while walking down the stairs, that the kitchen was becoming somewhat of their spot. Whether it was at his place or hers; deep, soul-satisfying moments transpired between the two of them in that particular part of the house.

    She found him leaning forward against the counter, his arms stretched out in front of him on the countertop, hands clasped together.

    "Hey," she offered him a small smile as she dragged herself in, quickly dropping it when she realised she was too tired to be faking a smile.

    "I put in heaps of sugar," he said, pushing her red mug with black polka dots towards her, "just like you prefer it."

    Nova shot him an incredulous look as she seated herself on the stool directly across from him. "How did you—" 

    "The morning after I stayed over," he reminded her, "when I made the coffee and pancakes, you picked this mug in particular, and you kept complaining about how I hadn't added enough sugar in the coffee."

    "Right," she mumbled, smiling slightly. It seemed so long ago. But thinking of that night made her think of why she'd left that party in a haste which eventually lead her to think of Jasper.

    And then a sick realisation struck her, making her insides coil.

    She groaned, leaning forward and resting her forehead against the rim of her mug whilst her hands cupped the hot ceramic and held it in place.