Chapter 2 - An Invite

Jennifer's POV

It's probably 6 in the evening when I started doing my own make up. I'm sitting on my vanity mirror with huge light bulbs around it. If only you could see my situation right now, you'd be surprised how many concealers I own. Other ladies, use it for covering hickies but me, I use if for my bruises. I chuckle at that thought. I got kind of lazy for some reason, maybe because I just don't want to deal with rich ass fake people. How am I supposed to act around them? I'm different, simple and would chose pizza date over fancy dinners.

Me and Gino got invited over dinner of one of his friends. He was hesitant to go at first because the last time he took me with his friends, my illness started acting up. I sorta made a mess and he was embarrassed of me. So tonight's gonna be a lot of pressure on me.

Stepping inside my walk in closet, I try to find an outfit that will do the trick for me. Something that is not too showy, but nice and sexy. My eye caught this, stunning black dress, it's long sleeved which is nice it will hide my bruises too. The hem of the dress is not too short, but it's backless. I pair it with my 4 inches heels, fixed my hair into big waves and applied some lipgloss. Of course, I made sure to drink my medicine.I can't afford my asthma acting up again. Not this time.

Around 7:45, I was fully dressed and waiting for Gino to come pick me up. I check my phone for messages until I heard a honk signaling he's here now. I quickly go downstairs and locked the front doors, I opened the car and he sees me. And his reaction? Nothing. Not even a compliment. That kinda threw me off and got a little sad.

Thirty minutes later, we arrived at this place I'm familiar of. Oh yeah right, I think I've been here once but I can't recall. Gino parked the car in front of the garage because apparently there's a lot of cars parked as well. There must be a lot of people in this gathering, I thought. Oh shit. We got outside the car and immediately greeted by some people, who was obviously rich. I'm familiar with some of them since Gino used to bring me sometime. And there was, Loren. She's nice and always try to make a conversation with me. We have a lot of things in common so we kinda clicked. But no one knows about our situation, everybody thinks we're okay and in love.

"Jenniferr, Hi!" She presses her cheek against mine and do the same on the other side. "Hiii, good to see you!" I beamed, "I know! It's been so long, like what..3 months? God, I've missed you" she giggles, pulling me but she looks at Gino first. "May I borrow your lady for a while?" She jokes, I look at Gino and he kinda give me a look like, "Don't screw it up". Yeah, I got it all from his looks. "Sure" he smiles and continue their conversation with some of his guy friends who apparently has a beer in their hands, great. Another bruise for me later. "You look beautiful, I love you dress!" Loren complimented. "Oh thank you, Is it too short?" I ask, biting my lip. "Are you kidding? The shorter the better, but not in bed. If you know what I mean" she says in a teasing tone making me burst in laughter.

She dragged me and we went to the back yard. I see some girls  who I believed a mutual friends of Gino. There was probably three of them having a girl talk beside the pool. "Hey guys! Okay so, I want to introduce you someone..." She says excitedly, pulling me close to her. All head and attention turned into me, there were all looking and waiting for me to speak up which was kinda awkward. "I know you guys are probably not familiar with her but she's very sweet, her name is Jennifer. He's Gino's wife" she beams, they all greeted me and kisses my cheek. "Hi, nice to meet you" I smile widely. "You can call me Jen" I giggle. "Okay, Jen. This is, Tiana" she pointed to the brunette girl who has a kinky girl. "Ana" she continues. "And lastly, the craziest bitch, Leah. "I'mma give you a heads up. She's a lunatic" Loren whispers the last sentence but still audible. I see a beautiful bronde girl, wearing a tight nude sleeveless dress, she's beautiful.