Chapter 27- Sick

Leah's POV

My mind is a mess and so is my state right now. Jennifer has been giving me random hints, it wasn't at all normal for me. I don't know if she's doing this just for the sake of my forgiveness but either way, this is not...usual. Hours passed since she took my temperature before leaving, she said she was buying something to the store. Meanwhile she went back carrying a couple of bags, and shuffled through my kitchen as I can hear her doing something I don't know. I can tell, she's cooking something and yep I was right, I figured it as soon as the aroma reached the living area where I was still laying. Smells like chicken and Indeed, I was right, she ventured doen across the floor  holding up a huge tray with a glass and bowl on top of it. She gave me a smile, a smile like she's proud of what she's done. "I cooked you some chicken soup, this is the recipe my mom used to make whenever I feel sick...I hope it's delicious for I still can't get right a couple of ingredients" she says, putting the tray down. I pay her no attention. "Leah?" She says, "Please don't be stubborn..okay? What I'm doing will help you feel so much better so ca  you try?" I opened my eyes and looked at her, giving me a pleading look. I glanced down at what she prepared and it honestly looked great, I forced myself to sit up and I can see her, right at my peripheral view, she's smiling mischievously. I went to grab the spoon but she stopped me almost immediately, "No uh, sit back down. I'll do it for you" She said, smiling widely. She sat beside me as I was crossing my arms, she went to get a hold of the spoon and put the bowl on her lap. The whole time I was showing no emotion, just my resting bitch face. "Open.." she says, holding the spoon against my mouth. I did, just because I was so hungry. The hot soup burns my tongue a little but soon was gone because of the salty and savoury taste...It was delicious. "I know you'll like it" She says, feeding me another spoon. "Atta girl" She teases earning a glare from me.

After a while, the bowl was near empty. "Now drink this.." She said handing me a tea cup, "That is ginger tea, to help your throat feels better. That's also one of my mom's secret by the way, well hers are better though...now drink up" She said, waiting for me do so, but I just looked at it weirdly, knowing it would taste icky. "I'd do it for you, open..." I felt like a child trying to pursue her children to do what she asked. "N-no I can do it" I said and grabbed the tea cup from her grip, slowly drinking it and yes. It doesn't taste good and it doesn't taste bad either. It's weird.

"I know..It tastes awful but it doesn't it make you feel a lot better?" She said, and I looked at her, trying to analyze her. "Are you doing this just because you're guilty?" My voice was still hoarse, she frowned and shake her head. "N-no of course not—I just I-I just care about you..I've always been" Wow, coming from her. "Right..." I let out a chuckle. I heard her sighed and went to get up, fixing the tray, going to the kitchen.

I hate it. She's so hard to figure out and what she's doing isn't helping me move on. She's making it harder for me. I lay there and stare up the ceiling, still puzzled about everything. Later, I heard footsteps coming towards me and it's Jennifer holding a huge plastic bowl, I scrunched uo my brows. "What are you doing?" I asked, watching her place it on the table, I realized she has my clothes in her hands. "Giving you a sponge bath" She said, taking me by surprise. "N-No..No way-- I'll do it myself" I said, "Have you seen yourself, by the way? You look weak and a mess......'sexy mess' " I looked at her at disbelief and figured that she was mocking Tess. "What?" She frown, I shake my head. "Give me your arm" She says and she slowly lofted it across her lap as she was sitting beside where I'm laying. She's taking control over things, which is not her usual self. "Sexy mess my ass" I heard her whispering, "Excuse me?" I shot back, "Oh nothing, love your girlfriend by the way" What??? How did--- "H-H-how did y-you-" She gave me an unsure smile, "I saw you kissing at the bar months ago...so I figured" She shrugged, wetting the face towel. Seriously, if there's one person who's the worst and hardest to analyzing personalities, that'd be Jen. She was yelling at me days ago and now mocking Tess for no reason. "She's not my girlfriend" I said, "Mmm..okay" she mumbled, now rubbing the cold cloth against my skin, making me tingle a bit. She gently ran it across my whole arm, her touch was gentle and relaxing despite the cold ass water. "Can you remove your top?" "Excuse me?" "You have to change clothes" She said, shrugging. "T-turn around" I said, all of a sudden it gave me chills hearing her say that. "You're so-- ugh, why do I have to, you can't do it by yourself" she demanded, "I won't look, there" she rolled her eyes. Well, she's right, I can't move much because of the stiff necm that is starting to ache, and my sore muscles. In spite all of the resisiting, she was demanding enough to force me to let her. She grab a hold of my comfy varsity jacket, and places it in her lap before pulling tank top over my head. Fuck.

Meanwhile, she covered me using thick duvet comforter sheets, helping me fall asleep in a deep slumber. I felt so much better.

Jennifer's POV

It's been quite a while since Leah drank her pills I bought for her at the local drug store across the street. Right now, I was watching her sleep and she didn't know. Only because, I was monitoring her state, hoping her temperature goes down before sunrise. I was on the floor, sitting on a indian sit position as I was looking at her. As soon as I changed her clothes, she fell asleep instantly, in a heartbeat. Poor thing, she must've been so tired. Conveniently, I lay a couple of comforter on the floor beside her, so it'll be easier for me tk check up on her. As for now, my mind won't let me sleep so I'm here, thinking. I know it's creepy but this is the only time I got close to looking at Leah's face. Studying her face, seeing only innocence. I love staring at the person whilst its sleeping, not because I was being a psychopath but because it's the state where she's vulnerable.

Ugh, I should sleep and plus I'm also tired. But it eat cut off by midnight  hearing Leah coughing makes my stomach crumble. I got up to rub her back whilst putting a cold cloth to her forehead to somehow get her temperature to cool down a bit. "It hurts.." She mutters in her sleep, "Shh..I know..I know.. you'll get better soon, I promise" I whispered, a little while later she was sleeping again taking a huge left from my chest.

Morning came and the first thing I did is to check her condition, making sure she's alright and not freezing. And I think heaven heard my prayers, she's feeling a lot better now according to the thermometer. Thinking about her breakfast is the next thing I get busy with, I wanna make sure she's eating healthy, and not processed foods for now. This dish I think I saw online, it's an asian delicacy and my mom cooked it for us once and I liked it. Its basically tossed noodles. It's prepared with several ingredients consists of sliced pork, sausage, and shrimp. I prepared everything on the tray and added a little cup of chicken soup from the leftovers last night. I went straight ahead carrying the tray but as I was walking towards the living room, the front doors opened, seeing Tess holding a cup of coffee and a paper bag on the other hand, taking me by surprise. She has keys? She looked at me with her sultry look, then at the tray I'm holding. "Tess" I said, "Jen" she smiled, and I can tell it's fake. I ignored her and went over to Leah instead which she also did, trailing behind me. She put the things she's holding at the table and went to check on Leah, "She's fine, her temperature went down overnight" I said but she paid me no attention, I looked down at the table and figured she got something for Leah to eat too. It made me frown a bit. Soon she was being clingy to Leah, kissing her cheek causing her to wake up. "Wake up baby.." she kissed her cheek, "Mmm..Tess?" She mumbled, "yes baby.." My eyes automatically rolled away. Why am I mad?! I asked to myself.

"What's that smell...mhmm" she mumbled. Aha. "I brought breakfast for you" Tess said, helping her get up and me? I was just watching them, cringing for Pete's sake. "No the other one..it smells I don't knoe, new?." she mumbled, "I cooked something" I finally butt in, and I swear I saw Tess rolled her little tinny eyes at me. "Oh" Leah muttered looking at it, but Tess was too pushy. "Baby here's your coffee...just the way you like it" She said, oh okay. That's it, I'm done here.
"I think Tess can take care of everything..I'm going to work anyways.." I said, Leah nodded and gave me a small smile.

This bitch.