Chapter 10- Take Your "Friend" To Work Day

Leah's POV

Wednesday in the morning, my car was parked about 2 meters away from Gino's gigantic house. The reason I was way too far cause I'm trying not to be seen or we're gonna be in a big trouble. I am here to fetch Jennifer with me, she's coming to my work. I still can't believe she agreed to this, even if it takes sneaking out from her douche husband. I'm just glad I got to spend time with her and hangout. She's a great company and friend.

Or I'm just fooling myself and making up excuses to see her again.

Leah. You really have to get your head straight. But damn it, I can't help it.

A little while later, I spot a black Mercedez-Benz pull out from the driveway as the gates opened automatically. I wait for it to disappear before I slowly parked my car in front of their house, pulling out my phone in my pocket to send text to Jennifer to tell her that I'm already here. But before I could have the chance, I saw her running towards my car. She's smiling, her perfect teeth showing. She's wearing a Guess print fitted shirt that is tucked neatly into her denim pencil skirt, and a leather jacket. She's also wearing a set of glasses, you know the one from Harry Potter? The big round ones. It looks absolutely cute on her. And her hair...can we just walk about how perfect her this morning? She let it down in her natural waves, but apart from that she has this little clip on the side. I chuckle, such a child at heart. She looks so excited, it's funny. While me, I do not like work all the time, but I think it'd be pretty fun today, or so I hope.

I was in awe the whole time she was running towards my car. Just staring..and staring. She's a total bombshell, too beautiful for this world. If only Gino would see her just the way I set my eyes on her.

She opened the door of my car and sat on the passenger seat. She looked at me and wave her hand, "Hiii" She giggled and scrunch her nose up. Isn't she's just adorable? Ugh. If you were in my position, you'd understand how hard to stay away from Jennifer. Damn you, Leah. Damn you. "Well hello there, Harry Potter" I tease, pulling her close to me to peck her on the right side of her cheek. She smells so good. Fuck. Now that, literally sent chills over my body.

She narrowed her eyes at me then starts to smile, seemingly to understand my attempted joke. "You're so mean!" She gasps and laugh, "Kidding, I like it. You look good today by the way" I said, "casually". Yep, I try to be smooth. "Why thank you, detective Remini" she says in a weird accent making me laugh. "You seem excited" I pointed out, turning the engine of my car and started driving. "I am! Do I get to watch you fire a gun?" She asked, she's so damn innocent. She thought we'd be firing and shooting things at work. Well it's possible, but we don't do that everyday, or we hope we didn't had to.  I laugh at her, "are you crazy? I do wish everyday that I don't get to use that damn gun. You're really interested, aren't you?" "Oh r-really? I thought- oh god" she giggled, "Just watch and see" I winked.

Not long passed by and we reached our destination. I pulled out on the parking lot before fixing my hair. "Ready?" I smile at her, and she nodded her head continuously, flashing me a small smile. "Try not to freak out okay?" I joked. And we get inside the 28 story building. "FBI" I heard Jen muttered taking my attention, I realized she was reading the embossed sign in the main hall. I shake my head and laugh to myself.

We took the elevator to get to our designated floor, which is the 23rd. Everybody in this building are professional, wearing suits and all but look at this girl on her cute clothes. "I feel out of place" she whispered in my ear as the elevator began to get crowded, more people coming in. "It's okay. You're a guest" I winked.

Now we left the elevator and entered the facility. Everything here is precise and mostly, confidential but I'm in control so it's okay and I trust Jennifer. "Interview room" Jen pointed out, "let's go in!!" She said excitedly, "you wanna get interrogated by detectives?" I tease. She shook her head no and widened her eyes a little. "Oh no" she let out. "I'll give you a tour later, now I'm gonna introduce you to my colleagues" I said, entering the room where we usually do the work and where our offices was. Once we get in, all heads turn to us but mostly to Jennifer. They a have this puzzled look in their faces. Awkward.