Chapter 19- Shayla

Jennifer's POV

Waking up is a total disaster for me. From that point my eyes are tired and I have low energy and the place around me is just spinning. I feel achy and sore, like every muscle in my body has been overworked or pulled. So this is what hangover feels like huh? Well if this is what it is, I don't want to get drunk again. With the strength left in me, I try to recall what happened last night but strangely, some parts of it were blurry for me. Maybe that's normal but I'm hoping so didn't do anything stupid. I just remember Leah helping me get in bed but that's it other than that I don't recall moments after that 8th shot.

I noticed I felt uncomfortable, seeing my dress is still on my body but half of my skin are showing. What the fuck. How did I sleep like this? I shrugged it off and decided to take a shower to lessen my hangover. I feel icky to be honest.

After showering I was in my robe, my hair still wet and has water droplets but I'm too hungry to care so I went downstairs and see no one. Leah left for work, I guess. I mean that's what she does normally. My thoughts were everywhere when I receive a phone call from an unknown number, before answering I try to think of someone who could call me early in the morning. "Hello?" I answered,

"Is this Jennifer Lopez on the line?"

"Yes, speaking"

"Good morning, this is Ally, secretary of Mr. Gonzales from the company you'd submitted your resume last week. We'd like to inform you that you are qualified for the job and her is expecting you to be here at 9 am sharp. Do we have any questions regarding to this information?"

"Oh..no..no. Got I'll be there, thank you."

So I finally have a job. Is this even legit? But make my insides crazy, first time having a job for a long time, I hope I'll get the hang of it one's it starts.

The thing is, I don't have much clothes to wear at work. I think I have to do some shopping, at least three outfits. So, I hail a cab going to the mall. This is why I hate shopping, so many choices, limited money for expenses. I swear, once I have my first pay day. I'm gonna buy whatever I want. As I was busy looking at the rack of random clothes, I felt someone poke my shoulder. I jump a little before looking behind me and surprisingly see Loren, with four or five shopping bags in her hands. "Jen!" She smile and have me a hug, pecking my cheek before pulling away. "Hi! Fancy seeing you here" I giggle, "What are you shopping for?" She asks, looking at the selection of outfits I have in my hand. "For work? I assume?" She continues, damn she's good. "Uh..oh yeah. I recently got a call this morning, I think I have a job" I shrugged, "Really? Well that's great! Uh, let's see..why don't we have some coffee and have a nice talk? It's my off today anyways, so?" She raises her brow, waiting for my answer. I think about it for a second and don't see why not. "Sure..but can you help me choose one more outfit then I'm done" "No problem, that's my forte" She winks and we both laugh. It literally took her just half a minute to decide and I'm surprised that she really has a good eye in fashion. "You're good" I tease, "Yeah, yeah. I do it everyweek!"

After paying for the items, Loren dragged me into some coffee shop I've never seen before. "Try their Lattes, it's amaaazing" she says, emphasizing the last word. "Oh alright" We both get in line to order and when I was about to pay, she had her credit card already in her hands and insisted to pay. "You didn't have to" "Well, I did" she winks, and I shake my head. We finally got seated in a booth around the corner, Loren's sitting across me, looking at her perfectly long nails that I assume she got acrylic in her previous salon session. Her long brown hair with highlights peaking out looked stunning with her sunglasses on her head. She's literally an it girl well Leah's over the top, I don't think someone can beat her bombshell ass.