Chapter 25- Enraged

Jennifer's POV

As the adrenaline rushing through my body, my mind picks up quickly, not even caring to mutter another word. She looked at me in stupefaction, her phone still pressed on her ear with her mouth slightly-opened. Right there, she must've realized that it all hit me like a tons of bricks. Running towards my room to pick up my duffle bag, shoving random clothes from my the stack of drawers as I hear heavy footsteps approaching, it was her. "Jennifer" Her voice was somewhat down, but I didn't care, the only thing my mind is telling me is I need to get the hell out here like a breeze. My phone, I put as much things my hand could grab at that time and mind you, I was shaking. "Look—Jennifer, this isn't-- t-this is not what you thought--I didn't—" she was stuttering through the last words as I zipped my bag closed, hanging it in my shoulder. Tears slipped from my eye as I stare at her at disbelief. "You're a bullshit friend, that's all there is" I hissed through my teeth, walking towards her as she was standing at the door frame, "I-I swear I-I tried to stop him b-but wha—" I looked at her dead in the eye, one more time as I drew closer to her, "Fuck you" I grit, bunping her shoulder as I left, rushing down through the stairs but that didn't stop her from following me, my phone that is sitting on the couch all this time is the first thing my mind seek to see as soon as I get down. For it seems like forever has passed, I was ready, Loren, on the other hand, wouldn't stop blabbering and explaining herself to me, it was distracting and totally have no point. I get hold of the door knob on the front doors but as soon as I opened it, my heart crumpled, and my knees  got even more weak. It was him, it was Gino.

That face, my worst nightmare I could ever imagine.  My mind, even in its dumbest, most split-second moment, knows that it's not going to do any good. My body is rushed by adrenaline, my muscles are in a constant state of tension, feeling like the bottom of my stomach fell out, paralyzed in fear as the episode of him abusing me like a dirty punching bag would flash right before my eyes. Gasping for air as he stood there with his grim face showing me a puzzled look. He was peering back without any distinguishable cast to his face. He didn't look mad or sad. There was no accusation in his eyes and that's what terrified me the most. But I didn't want to cry, that will trigger him even more. Fee seconds had passed before he stared speaking, "Jennifer..baby" He let out, his hoarse voice coming out and I stood there in incredulity, with my mouth agape. "I-I've missed you.." he continues, at this point i was shedding tears and I know Loren was just watching as well. But I was in a state of mind where I'd do anything just to get myself out of here, even if it scares me to do such thing, so yeah I put on a straight face, with every ounce of strength, I kicked him in the groin and he fell down on the floor as I hear Loren gasps. I bet he wasn't or never had expected me to fight back cause I never did. "You bitch" he slurred, and  I ran as fast as the wind as it whispers through the trees. Horrific as it is, It seemed as though I was suspended in time and space, not able to move, yet adrenaline pushed me too keep going woth fear pulsing through heated veins. 

As soon as I was out from the building, I hailed a cab, luckily, there was one vacant, and told the driver to drive me at any motel he could spot on, blocks away from here. The whole ride, I was holding back myself from crying, I didn't want to but few tears had slipped. Congregating everything happened, in spite of all hes done to me, he had the guts to call me baby. Fucker.

We got there safely, and it was as expected, a random, cheap motel that couples would go to when they're feeling it. Shuddered in disgust, paying the driver some cash before checking in. "Good evening, ma'am, I help you?" He said kindly,  wearing his uniform, his hair neatly cut as well as his beard, notcing he has a name tag "Dex" pinned on his shirt, he was typing something from the computer. "I need a room, please"  Meanwhile he handed me a key with a number on it and I got into the room, laying on the bed. As soon as I did, I was bawling...literally. My eyes refused to stop shedding tears, "Stop it" I talked to myself like it was something I could control and simply wouldn't. I need to be able to gather my thoughts but right now, I feel nothing but betrayed and Leah..she was...right. I feel so bad for doubting her, for getting mad and it was just completely unnecessary. All this time she was the person who was there for me, and I did nothing but hurt her.

For it feels like forever, staring at my phone for hours, thinking if I should call her but..she's mad at me. But after a while, I  pushed myself to have the smallest urge to pick up my phone and dial her number, and I whilst it rings, I try to think of something to say. "Hello" Her voice, raspy and a bit husky as it always has been. As soon as I hear it, I started crying again, even if I try to utter a single word, I couldn't. "L-Leah" I whispered through my tears, "Jennifer? Where are you? What happened?" You know that feeling when you just started hiccuping for weeping so hard, yeah that kinda what happens to me when I do so. "Can you at least tell me where you at?" She continues, "I-I don't know..Kingston motel..something..L-Leah I'm sorry—" As quickly as I said it, the phone hangs up. "Leah?" But it just the constant annoying ringing if the phone. I threw it against the wall and bury myself in the sheets, wanting to die. Great, the last person who actually cared for me is gone.

Haven't cried this much in years, and honestly, it felt good letting all out, but having no one to hug is the one thing I wish I have. About thirty minutes, passed, indulging myself into a quick nap, I could hear something shuffling, I tilt my head, with my dried tears and mascara underneath my eye. It was the door, for a minute I got scare but it was so fast, it opened and I see the face I've been wanting to see. It was a shock to me, I thought she was mad and now she was here, wearing her v neck shirt, tucker into her square pants and boots. Sitting up in the bed, she drew closer. "We got him" she paused, "There's surveillance cameras a over the building, that's enough proof to the court. Stahl and Daniels are with him right now" she said, but there isn't any expression to her face. I bit my lip and looked at her, feeling myself about to cry again. "I'm sorry" I mouthed, cause there was no voice coming out of me anymore. She just looked at me while pacing around, with her arms crossed above her  chest, not comprehending as my tears poured down, I couldn't paint her face. She was not giving any hint of what she feel, one thing I k oe for sure, she was still angry and enraged. "Get your bags, and meet me at the parking lot" she said, but before she could leave the room, the guy at the reception are enters, "Is everything alright here, officer?" He asked, glancing around the quite messy room then back at me, and Leah. "Everything's fine and Detective...not officer, boy" She said shaking her head and leaving. I did what she asked and grab the hold of my things, checking in case I forgot something. When I enter Leah's car, she was looking straight  biting her nail. As soon as I closed the door she started the engine, and as expected she didn't talk or look at me, it was dead quite the whole ride and I didn't even know where she's taking me but we happen to pass by a familiar route and that, I figured, we're going to her house. But she's still mad, how would that even work? If she really hate me, why is she doing all of this that makes it even confusing for me.

We got there, without a trouble, she was driving fast, I feel how furious she is the whole time. She got out of the car, opened the drunk and carried my bags, I followed her until we're inside, she went upstairs as fast as a gazelle escaping the poacher's arrow. She entered the guest room and me? I was following her like a dog, figuring out how to break the ice, waiting for her to say something. She turned around to look at me after placing my luggage on one of the cabinets, "You have one week. After this, you leave and forget everything. We didn't met, I'm not your friend, I don't know you, you don't know me...got it?" She said without an expression, I hold my breath, and bit my lip. She knows I'm about to cry so she didn't bother waiting for an answer,

"Leah--no, no, no—Please"