Chapter 24- "REMINI"

Jennifer's POV

The distinct look in her eyes, a bit squinted, lips slightly pursed, face give the impression of being enraged Seemingly trying to hold every urge of yelling at my face. Brows meeting together as her hand finds its way across my neck, holding it but not tight enough to choke me, startling my insides. If only a stare could kill, I think I'd be dead in a heartbeat. "First, you don't yell at me. Second I'm not here to beg you to come with me 'cause the hell I care about your stubborn ass." Every word was grtited through her teeth, and every second that I'm against the wall with her body pinning mine, I was dying and seriously afraid that she'd lose control but still, it was uncomfortable for me.
The second those words left her mouth, her grip on my neck loosened, leaving me breathless and body jolting up with disturbance. Evidently, my plan to intimidate her didn't work at all. "Then what are you here for, Leah? To what, lie to me again?" My voice was hoarse, trying my best to look at her in the eye. "To warn you. You have no idea how much I hate you right now, you basically straight up made me feel like a bad person for being gay, but I don't care if you don't believe me" She pauses, the chills went straight up to my spine, making me realize that she's really hurt but I'm not changing my mind. "Your "best friend" Loren told you stories about me that you don't know about but still judged me right away, you didn't even had the balls to ask my side first but hell no, you walked away believing everything, bravo Jen. Bravo. But isn't ironic that Gino is behind all of this? Yep, your amazing ex-husband. He wanted you to turn your back against me, so in that way, it'll be easier for him to get you because you know why Jennifer? He knows you're only safe under my protection but looking at the move you did you clearly aren't. I can't do anything about this if you don't help yourself, I don't have a strong evidence to put him in prison"

The fear I've been bottling inside me for so long erupted, I thought I moved past it but just hearing his name makes me shudder. And Loren? I had to repeat it in my mind to comprehend everything I've heard. She wouldn't do this to me...I'm confused, trying my best to sink it all, not knowing what is real and what is not. "How do I know if you're telling the truth?" I let out as I feel myself getting pale. "It's not a surprise that you'd still doubt me. Here, see for yourself. I'm fucking done here" She hissed before smashing a piece of brown envelope against my chest, storming out through the door way and myself was just standing there, watching her walk out.

Well aware that I shouldn't believe what Leah told me a moment ago, I fight every urge in me to open it, but curiosity wins.With frail and shaky hands, my eyes took a glance briefly on what am I holding, the bold written spells "REMINI" on the upper right corner of it. I swallowed every i had for a moment and take a look of what's in side. Photos..

Not ordinary ones...

But the ones I'm dreading to see...

Taking into account everything I had been seeing in that piece of paper, I was confused and did not know where to stand. Everything was dumbfounding for me. The table that usually had a vase of fresh flowers on it now barely had a clear space to sit, and I just stared at it, then back to the photos. It's a picture of Loren and Gino sitting together, having lunch or whatnot. As one could imagine, it's really a sickening sight but still, I wasn't sure if these pictures would define that Loren is a bad person. Maybe she just like to catch up with Gino? Or maybe he hired Loren to some related business--- the possibilities are endless. Right, so Jennifer. Keep your head straight, Loren wouldn't do such thing. This is useless, i thought to myself.

The flames from the fireplace leapt in delight as the the heat slowly clouding the place. It looks like a handy place to dispose of unwanted combustibles, so I ventured down across the carpeted floor and tossed the photos in my hand, watching it flickering, the full piece of paper burn all the way to the bottom until there's none, turning into ashes like everything Leah said.