Chapter 17- Who?

A/N: It was cut short. So sorry guys, here's the updated one. 🌚

Jennifer's POV

Not a big smile plastered on my face as I was analyzing my scars and flaws. Instead I plagued with the Ugh, "I hate looking at my body in the mirror" thought. I used to simultaneously be obsessed with looking at my body in the mirror while also hating what I saw. I've done it when I was still with Gino. I'd tortured myself looking at deep cuts, wounds or bruises scattered around my body and until now, it makes me feel sick.

Don't you just have insecurities? Of course, everyone has. I look at this mirror everyday thinking, I wish I have slimmer waist, I wish I have a flawless skin without seeing any scars or I wish I have a big boobs like Leah. Ugh, she's a bombshell. While, I'm here trying to be sexy while talking to myself.

Out of the blue, I heard a barked, Shocked and panicking, I quickly grabbed my robe and see Harper by the door and..Leah? "Fuck- Leah!" I was panicking, tying my robe shut. "Oh shit-- I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just heard Harper barking so I went-- and found, yeah" she looks down. God this is so embarrassing. "Look I'm sorry , dont worry I didnt see a thing, pizzas downstairs by the way" She said.

As soon as she leaves, I cover my face using my palms, burrying myself in it. Why did I leave the door open? Fuck, stupid.

After calming myself down, I went to check my phone. Leah came back to Gino's house to get my things, luckily she found my phone so I didn't have to buy a new one. I changed into more comfortable clothes then went downstairs to eat. I saw Leah by the counter slicing some apples. She saw me and flashed a small smile. Oh god, I hope she's forgotten about eralir or else I'll be mortified. Well she said she didn't see a thing, why should I worry? And hey, she's a girl. So yeah, no malice.

"Hey, Hawaiian?" She said, pointing to the pizza box sitting on the table. I grab myself a piece and came closer to her, watching what she's doing. "What's that?" I asked, shoving a bite onto my mouth. "I'm making a salad, want some?" "Pizza then salad? Switching roles now are we?" I joked, "I'm still hungry, shut up" she chuckled, biting onto the Apple. "Loren texted me" she says, scrolling through her phone. "What did she say?" "It's Tiana' s birthday, she told us to come at 8 on T's house" she continues, after that I grabbed my phone in my pockets to check if If I have any messages from the girls but no. "Why didn't she texted me?" I asks, confused. "She knows you're staying with me" My brows scrunch up, making a confused face. "She knows?" "They know" "Everyone?!" I shriek, getting panicky. "I didn't tell them, they knew what happened with Gino . It's hard to keep secrets from the group, they have ears ya know?" "Ugh now I don't want to go" I let out a deep sigh, stressing myself out. "Why?!" "Cause I don't wanna hear them looking at me like I need sympathy. I know they're gonna look at me differently after knowing everything that happened. It's just-- I don't wanna deal with judgements Leah, I've dealt with that half of my life with him" I rant out, Leah sighs, washing her hands and drying then. Coming closer to me, she rests her hand on my cheek and I just kinda leaned in and rest my head on it, earning a chuckle from her. "Hey" "Stop overthinking, they won't I promise. And plus they missed you" she says, I start to smile. "Alright, alright" "Can we talk?" She said, I look at her and she removed her hand. "What are you saying, were already talking silly" "No hear me out"

It gets serious and I notice that she's not kidding so I nodded and wait for her to talk, anxious for what she's about to say. "This is serious matter, okay? I'm your friend and I'm doing this for your sake.." She says, "you're scaring me!" I pout, crossing my arms. "I need you to file a case against Gino" she says, surprising me. "W-What for? He's in jail, right?" I narrowed my forhead. Taking a second to analyze things. "I didn't put him in jail" "Why? I don't get it--" "Cause he's just gonna bail out, and get away with it then I can't do anything about it unless you file a case or at least a restraining order" she continues. "Leah.." I whispered. A case? I don't want anything to do with him anymore. Just talking about him makes me sick what more to see him in the court? "I can't do that. I won't win" "A restraining order then" she shot back.