Epilogue

Leah's POV

We arrived at Germany almost an hour ago. It was sunset when we decided to have a dinner together by the bay. Everything's picturesque and beautiful here. We were watching the sun while it goes down and my arms are wrapped around her. "Leah?" She said, and just by saying it makes my insides crazy. Uttering that is hard enough what more to have to say it in her face?
"Mmm.." I mumbled and looked at her, flashing her a smile. "I have to tell you something--" "Can you hold that thought?" I grin. I sigh secretly. It's like the faith is telling me not to but and I couldn't hold this any longer. The question is in my head all day.

"I-I fuck, Jennifer you know I love you right?" "Yes" She smiled. "And I know you know I would do anything for you. Right?" She nodded.

"I just wanna take this time to tell you how grateful I am everyday to have you. For making me feel alive again that I thought would never happen to me ever. My heart is full of your thoughts so much that I can't put my finger on it. You make me happy This has been really bothering me for days now. I can't imagine living this life without you- I don't think I can---- and that's dam scary but.."

By the end of my sentence I was shredding tears.

Before I know it, I was kneeling down on the ground pulling a small little box taking her by surprise and making me feel hundred of mixed emotions. "Jennifer, my love.."

"Will you be my wife?"

That's it. Hearing myself say those words makes it feel so surreal.

I was trying to stay strong and not be vulnerable for once because I planned this for months and it can't be ruined.

With a fake smile, and tears streaming down our faces. "N-No" she said taking me by surprise. It's the opposite from what I really wanna hear. My face changes from being genuinely happy to a frown. "O-oh..a-are you--why?" I asked, "Get up, please" she said. And I did, still looking at me dreadfully, i was so embarrassed and hurt.

My heart feels it's been crashed and stomped on repeatedly. "No, it's okay. I get it. You're not ready" I said, faking a smile. "I wish I could, I wanted to so bad.." She say, wiping her tears. "Then why are you pulling away from all of this?" I exclaimed. "Leah..I'm sorry" Tears that dried was replaced with new ones. "It's okay, love. I can wait" I said, and cupped her face but she kept on shaking her head. "I'm about to lose you" she said taking me by surprise on how random everything she's uttering. "Shh- you're not! It's okay baby, I know you're not ready and it's not a big deal. I will wait until you're ready" I hushed but she won't stop. "I know we've only been together for a almost a year but, I just wanna make this real. It feels like If I don't marry you, there's a chance that I'll lose you--- it's a random feeling" I explained, and she just plays with her finger. I don't know what's wrong, I take that she's just overwhelmed.

"Look- Leah. What I will tell you will ruin the both of us. No matter how I want to stay with you were still gonna drift apart" she says, and that's when I get serious. It's so weird. "What are you talking about? You're scaring me, Jen" I let out a nervous chuckle. "I don't know if there's a way of saying this but.." She paused and went to get something on her bag. Soon, she has something in her hands, a piece of little paper. She handed it to me. I looked up to her before taking it, "What's this?" I asked, she didn't say anything so I decided to find it out for myself.

It's a plane ticket.

One way ticket to France.

I furrowed my brows, but a smile slowly starts to form on my lips. "Jennifer- I-I uhm. This is amazing! But why? W-what's happening? Why are you upset?" I asked, and she shrugged, grabbing my hands and kissing it. "I'll tell you but first, can I get a kiss?" She said, giggling silently. "Of course, you know you don't need to ask that" she pulled me close to her and cupped my cheek. Then she slowly pressed our lips together. It was a deep, full, long kiss that made us lost our breath. After that she hugged me tightly, tightly that I can fee through the embrace that something was wrong.