Chapter 4 - Trip

Leah's POV

"Leah, you need to stay here and rest. You were shot, that's not a joke. It's a serious thing..." Tess says convincingly but she did not succeeded, "I'm fine, it was just a cut on the shoulder. Nothing serious. I'm alive, calm the fuck down..." I hiss through my gritted teeth.

Things today got kinda our of hand, I was out of focus so that bitch got me. "You are not fine- god look at you, you could barely get up" she reasoned out, I reached for her hand and sit my back against the headboard.

"I have a trip tomorrow. I should be fine" I said, I can't miss this trip just because of this fucking stitches. "Take me home, please. The doctors said its fine as long as I take a day rest" Her face changes, she looks at me defeated. "God I hate you..you're fucking stubborn" She rolled her eyes but followed instructions.

She helped me got into the wheel chair and assisted me till I got home. She didn't want to leave but I forced her to. I'm now laying on my bed, slightly wincing from the pain but I can still manage. So with all the strength I have left in me, I started packing. A few bikinis and maxi dresses, I'm all done. I made sure I set my alarm for tomorrow. I could not missed the flight. Harper jumped on the bed with me and cuddles up on my chest, he licks my shoulder as If he knows that I'm in pain. I chuckle and kisses his head.

The next day was horrible for me. I couldn't get up, if I move I feel like my stitches are being ripped out from the inside. I look over my shoulder and see he the gauze pad was all soaked with blood. I quickly but carefully make my way to the bathroom, cleaning the stitches. I hiss, it's burning. Fuck. This will be a great trip then, I look over the clock and I nearly die. I'm gonna be late and I'm still not dressed.

Fuck my life.

Jennifer's POV

With a tons of make up in front of me, I am sitting in front of my vanity mirror trying to do the usual thing. Last night was pretty bad, Gino got mad at me for some stupid reason. Well, it's always stupid. He didn't like what I cooked for him we he got home from work, he got pissed off,he's drunk as usual.

He started yelling and throwing things, I was so scared, I couldn't stop crying which made him more angrier. I ended up having a bruised stomach, and another black eye. My skin never stayed flawless for that long, when a bruise started healing, he'll gave me another one. God, I'm so weak and thank God for the make up.

Bu then I remember, It's only a week left since we'll leave for Cancun. I can't let him give me another cut or bruise. It's a beach, everybody will weak a bikini. So that means, I'm gonna wear a ton shit of makeup. Damn it. Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I pulled my robe down my shoulders. My body was all beat up, shoulders, chest, stomach and even on back too. Sometimes I question myself, how the hell I'm still alive?

Later on, I started doing laundry down the basement. While isolating the colored ones from the white ones, I put it in the basket. Before putting them in inside the machine, something fell down that made me kneeled down. It's Gino's pants, and I notice something hanging from his pocket. It's a condom. What? We never use condom. Ever. Right at that moment, I wanted to stop the world from moving. It's all hitting me like a bricks, endlessly.

A moment of weakness swept over me, my inner self is telling me that he had stopped this behavior but also telling me that he's doing that for a long time so I shouldn't be all surprised. But I am, I always knew he still screwing some other girls but it all just felt real when I saw this. It made me realize that our marriage is all coming down the hill. It's broken and no matter how hard I try to stay strong, the fact that I don't feel the love explains it all. But I can't let go, I can't. Deep down I know he's a good man who's just under the influence of alcohol. I love him.

I wiped my tears, forcing myself to forget and make myself believe that we're both good. I acted like I've never seen such thing, nothing happened. I'm okay. I'll be fine.

-

Finally, the day I was excited about is here. Today we're leaving for Cancun, Angelo asked Gino if they could use his private jet and I don't know how they convinced him. Fuck, I have a fear of flying. Especially when takes off but I managed as long as I drink a pill. My outfit was plain and simple, long sleeved, of course. Fitted top tucked in my high waisted ripped shorts and a pair of stilettos.

Everybody got inside the plane, putting their luggages down in place. The girls were so evident that they're excited but the person I was waiting to see is not here. "Did you guys called Leah? She's 15 minutes late" Loren says, "I'll call her" Tiana insited.

"She's not answering her phone"

"But we're leaving in ten" Loren mutters, "We can't just leave her"

"I know but-"

"Guys why don't we wait for her for another 10 minutes?" I said and everybody was looking at me like I'm some sort of lunatic. I myself, is even surprised that those words came from me. I'm usually quiet around them so I their reaction was kinda expected. "We're leaving" Gino looks at me, no glares at me. He's mad, mad again, why? Because I used my voice to speak up? This is ridiculous. They can't just leave her like that.

That would be such a mean thing to do.

Why am I even worried? Maybe I enjoy her presence and she's fun to have around.

A few minutes of frantically waiting, biting my nails is a habit when I'm nervous. Mainly because my fear of flying and I don't want to be looked at later saying "I told you". For whatever reason she's not here yet, I hope she'll be fine.

"Guys is that Leah?" I hear someone says, I immediately turn my attention to the window and it made me laugh. I let out a sigh of relief. I'm glad she's fine and finally here. Leah's  running while dragging her suitcase down but it looks like she has trouble walking.

She made in inside the plane, panting. Everybody was laughing their ass of, she looks hilarious. "I'm here bitches!" She yells, throwing her hands up.

God, she is so funny. I have a feeling that this trip wouldn't be so bad as long as Leah's here.