Chapter 29- Left Something

Jennifer's POV

"Oh my god" I mutter to myself in a shaky breath, shutting my robe as I pick up the my garments on the floor. I was hurrying to get out, I took what everything my eyes landed on. I look around the room, finding the messy sheets and pillows that fell down on the ground. I tiptoed across the hall way biting my lip, hurrying but I happen to overhear Tess and Leah having a conversation downstairs, I couldn't help but get curious so I stopped to eavesdrop.

"Mm..You taste like coffee"

"It's because I had one"

"And you have lipstick smudges all over you"

"Oh that? I was just removing my make up when you got here"

Fuck, Leah was lying as if it was that easy. She show no anxiousness in her voice while me, I was dead freaking out inside. I went inside my room, throwing everything
on the bed, walking across the floor, catching myself at the mirror. I had my robe slightly open,  a gasp come out from my mouth. Seeing hickies-- dark hickies all over my chest, breast and neck. I have never had so much in my life and as I ran my fingertips across my skin, I could still feel Leah's lips pressed against my neck, And how she made these. I quickly shut my eyes. What a terrible imagination. I got into the shower and whilst I let the water ran on my body, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened, how she made me feel. It was something I never felt before, not even with Gino. But Leah, she was aggressive and the worst thing is, I enjoyed it. I just feel so attracted and tingly earlier, she's so sexy and gorgeous to the point you will have second thoughts about yourself. But it was a moment of weakness, wrong place and wrong time...and person.

"What did I do?"

As a matter of fact, when I found out that she was gay; It reminded me of my mom. I was young and didn't understand much, but I was so hurt and disgusted that I left them. That's also why I was mad at Leah at first, apart from being lied on. Because she was the one who only cared for me, made me feel some type of love I've been longing to feel, I felt that through everything she was doing. I knew she wasn't helping me because I'm just her friend. When Loren told me, I was shocked but the feeling wasn't new to me. But I didn't want to admit it to myself out of fear.

When I finished, I wore my usual pajamas; t-shirt and panties. I quickly peaked outside my door and figured Tess left, the lights downstairs was shut. I lay down on the bed, still dumbfounded as one could imagine. My greatest fear right now is how to face her, it would be so awkward. I was hating her all this time, and an hour ago her fingers was just inside me. Fuck.

The next morning, I left the house early out of fear seeing Leah. That would be a hell of a conversation. I jogged for half and hour and now I'm sitting at the corner booth, waiting for my brother Gab to come through that door. This is where I usually have my coffee in the morning, cappuccino was my usual daily fix, but sometimes I switch to plain brew. My face frown and flushed as soon as I remember what happened last night, I think I may have made a terrible mistake. What has gotten into you?  I shake my head in disbelief, the scenes flashing right before my eyes, feeling myself getting hot, my head fell down on both of my hands.

Suddenly, I feel a tap on my right shoulder causing me to shriek. I tilt my head and see Gab standing here, grinning like an idiot. Worries on my face soon vanished temporarily and replaced by a wide smile. "Gab!" I stand up to hug him, a kiss was planted on my forehead as embraced me back. "Well look who finally showed up" he chuckled. Soon, we got settled in our seats. We may not see each other so often but once we do, it's like nothing has changed. We still talk the same way, and he's a bully until now. You look beautiful" he complimented, "Wow, that's a first" I giggle, sipping at my coffee. "I'm serious, you look great! Haven't aged for a bit" He grins, "Why thank you, you don't look bad yourself" he laughed. "So how is it going? We have a lot to catch up, and about that asshole. What really happened huh?" He frowned, shaking his head. I brace myself for an impact as I told everything but briefly to him, and as expected, he was furious. "C'mon, Gab! Don't be mad at me, it wasn't easy, what's important is that I'm safe, and he's in jail now, okay?" "I just can't believe it you let it happen and say nothing" he groaned, clenching his fist. I sigh, "You have a girlfriend?" I changed the topic quickly, it wasn't something we both like talking about. If we continue having that conversation, he will go through an outburst. That's Gab.   "Mmm..2 years" he chuckled, "Damn, who's the lucky girl?" I teased. "Her name is Lana" he said, fishing out his phone in his pockets and showing me a picture of her. "She's beautiful! And sure you know how to pick em" "Shut up, now we didn't just came here to talk, you know that right?" He says, and my mood changes quickly. "Gab, I don't think I can face her now.." I shrugged, "Why?! She's our mom. At some point you gotta accept she's not changing, and she's happy" I sighed the hardest, thinking about Leah. "B-because" I paused, trying to figure out how will I say this without turning into awkward conversation, but then again, I knew it's impossible. "Oh my god, I'm mom" I blurted out causing him to furrowed his brows, "You're what?" "I'm mom" I repeat it to myself, "I did something stupid, Gab" he crossed his arms and run his finger tips on his stubble. "Mistake?" "Yes. A damn stupid thing and you're gonna laugh at me" I sigh, "I slept with a girl last night" It was blunt and quick, but isnt easy saying it. Hearing me say it makes my stomach turn upside down, is it really that bad. I looked at him and he has a blank expression but soon, he started laughing really hard causing other people to look at him.