Chapter 6 - Stay

Jennifer's POV

My head is hurting badly, I'm back on my full consciousnesses but I can't seem to open my eyes. It took me a few minutes before I can finally move, I don't know where am I but I can say that I'm in a hotel room. I remember passing out earlier, god. Gino must've been so mad at me, I know he is. He's gonna end up beating me up again. I glance at my side and I see Leah sitting up on the couch. She stayed. "Hey.." She says and walked to the side of my bed.  "How did I get here?" I asked her, "I made Gino carry you here" she says, taking me by surprise. But of course I'm sure that he has no choice and was forced. He had to act nice in front of them.

"Oh" is all I said. "Are you okay? How are you feeling?" She has this concern look in her face, "Can I have water please?" I asks politely, "of course" she said, grabbing the bottle water on the night stand and help me sit up. "How's your breathing?" She asks, "good" I smile, taking a deep breathe. "I guess I kinda spoil the trip huh?" I joked, "don't say that, you can't help it. It's not your fault"

"Why are you here though? You should be having fun outside"

"It's okay besides I need rest too for my shoulder, ya know" she said, "how's it?"
"Better now actually" she continuous. "Thank you, Leah, for ealier. I'm sorry for the trouble"

"It's no problem at all. Does it always happen?"

I bit my lip, "It happens once a month, I have asthma since I was a kid. It got out of hand so that's why until now, I'm having trouble breathing" I explained, "Can I ask you something personal?" She said, I got nervous. I know what she's gonna ask. "Sure"

"Gino's acting really weird. When you passed out, he kinda just stood there, I'm sorry but it pisses me off a little" she said rolling her eyes, I bit my cheek, "yeah, I know. He's usually like that, he's just pressured from work I guess" I reasoned out, hoping she'll believe. "I'm sorry I know I shouldn't be caring in people's business but- I ugh just I'm sorry" she said and run her hand through her hair. "I get it. Thank you Leah, but I'm fine really. We're fine. Maybe he just don't like to see me sick...don't worry about him" I lied. No, Gino's treating me like I'm a disgrace to him.

You know sometimes, I wonder why he just don't file a divorce if he don't love me anymore. He lost his interest in me, I don't feel important to anyone. He loves the power of beating me, it would be easier if he didn't threaten me on telling to somebody. But like I said, I still love him. It's complicated.

"Okay, do you need anything? Food?" It felt nice that someone is caring for you, I rarely get that from people. "I'm good, I just need more rest. Thank you" I said. "Take it easy, okay?" She chuckles, making me giggle. "I will"

"Okay, I'm gonna go to my room now. Call me or anyone if you need anything. Don't hesitate" she said before leaving, "Leah" I mutter, she turn around to look at me, smiling. "Thank you, million times" I said, "No worries" she finally left.

I fell asleep again for about two hours, it made me feel a lot better. When I woke up, I'm still in the same room, but it's dark outside as I look at the view in the window. Damn, I slept good. My stomach grumbles, I haven't eaten anything except that smoothie earlier this morning, I'm so hungry. I managed to get up but as soon as I did, the door creaked open. It's Gino.

For a moment, I forgot about him. But now that he's here in front of me, I wanted to run and scream. I couldn't save myself. His eyes are full of anger, he was quite. He closes the door and take a step forward. I did the opposite, I took a few step backward until I hit the wall. "Gino..I'm sorry" it sounded like a whisper, I'm so close to tearing up, but crying triggered him even more. So with all that I have, I fight my tears. "You fucking dumbass! You think you could just embarrass me every time. Is this your way of paying back?..Answer me!" He slapped me across my cheek, I stumbled across the floor. A stinging pain swept over me, I could feel my cheeks turning red. "No please.. Gino don't hurt me" It involuntary escaped from my mouth. I curled myself in a ball. It didn't stop him, he kicked me in the stomach. Over and over, I was just crying. I couldn't do anything even I wanted to.