Please Don't Do This

"Peter, you don't have to help me." Matt says.

"Yes I do," Petey says, with this little piece of concern in his voice. I cross my arms, trying to hide my jealousy. "Matt, you're my friend. I know you would do the same for me."

Ugh. Matt is cute, but he might be stealing Petey from me. Hmm. Before Matt can deny Petey's help again, I step in between them. "Petey," I say, putting my mask back on. "Let's go get your dad under control."

"Wade! We need him! He had to get rid of brainwashing in his old girlfriend Elektra."

"That wound is still fresh."

"Sorry."

Oh, so he's sorry about that but not about ditching us on our fifth date?

Calm down, yellow box. Matt and Petey have been friends for a long time and OH MY GOD HE'S CHEATING ON US.

Guys calm down. He's not cheating on us!  "So Matt," I say, "what can you tell us about saving Petey's dad?"

"Yeah," Matt says, his eyes drifting to me, following my voice. "What language was he brainwashed in?"

"Uh, German, I think." Petey says.

"His punches really hurt." I say, grabbing Petey's hand and touching my masked face.

"I'll give you worse if you can't keep quiet!" Matt's voice thunders in my ears. I flinch, and he softens. "Sorry. I usually punch annoying things." Petey laughs, but only does his that-joke-wasn't-funny-but-I'm-laughing-anyway laugh. In my head, I pump my fist in the air. Wade, one, Matt, zero. "Thanks Peter. Anyway, German."

"Yes, German. My uncle Bucky was brainwashed with Russian, but they must've used German so Bucky couldn't help that much at first." Petey says.

"Or they're using German to force Bucky into it, possibly unleashing the Super Soldier on innocent people. To make him guilty. To get him back," Matt pauses, taking a moment to think. "We have to keep Bucky away. You need to let me see Steve. Now!"

"Okay. Wade, tell Dad to barricade a room with Bucky inside." Petey says. I salute him and run off, lifting my mask to peck his lips before I do. "And Matt, I'll help ..."

His voice gets farther and farther away as I run to Med Bay 6. "Mr. Stark!! FRIDAY!" I yell at the top of my lungs as I run. I crash through the glass doors of Medical Bay 6, and Mr.Stark starts yelling.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE KID HE MIGHT BE DYING!!!!"

"MATT MURDOCK AND YOUR SON SAY BUCKY NEEDS TO STAY AWAY FROM MR.ROGERS! THEY SAID TO BARRICADE BUCKY IN A ROOM SOMEWHERE!!!" I yell back and hop out of the room before Mr. Stark hurts me.

"KID BUCKY ALREADY SAW STEVE!!! BUCKY'S ALREADY  ..." his voice gets quiet as I run, faster and faster away.

HYDRA could still be here. Oh god. PETER!!