The Officiant

*Peter*

"Dearly beloved, I, Loki, of Asgard, son of Odin," Loki begins.

"Hey, Loki, can you skip that part?" Wade, asks, whispering and leaning in. He leans back away and takes both my hands in his.

"Sorry," Loki smiles. (A/N Just imagine tom Hiddleston smiling.) "Anyway, we are gathered here today on Midgard - i mean, Earth - to unite Wade Winston Wilson and Peter Parker in holy matrimony. Is there anyone who objects to this union?"
Loki pauses. He looks around the crowd, eyeing everyone who he felt gave him a weird look. "No one?"

"Hey!" I said quietly, slapping his shoulder. "Just marry us already."

"Okay, okay," he says, touching my shoulder. "So, Wade, do you take Peter to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"

Wade laughed quietly to himself, thinking about saying a joke, but then he drops the smile, straightens up and looks me dead in the eyes. He smiles once again. "I do," he says. "I will have you, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live." He holds my hands again.

"And, do you Peter, take Wade to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse? In sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," I say, shakily and quiet. I clear my throat. "I do, to have and to hold, for better or for worse. In sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live."

"And now, Wade if you'd like to recite your own vows?" Loki says, turning to Wade slightly.

Wade nods, and his best friend Cable passes him and small folded piece of paper. He clears his throat, wiping his face with his hand. "Peter," his voice breaks a little. "I love you so much that it hurts to be without you. When i met you, and . . ." His voice trails off. "Anyway, from that moment I knew that I would love you forever. And i hope that forever is a good start."
Tears roll down my cheeks. I hug Wade, and quickly pull away. I straighten his tie, taking a few deep breaths.
"Um, and Peter, your vows?"

Matt Murdock  takes my vows from his inside chest pocket, and taps my back and slides his hand around to the side of my arm. I take the paper and tap his arm. He drops it to his side.

"Wade," i say, unfolding the paper. "By the beard of Odin, and Matt as my witness," he chuckles, "I promise to love you until the day I die. I promise that no matter what, no matter who doesn't like it, i will love you forever. I can't live witho—"

"Stop," Wade cuts me off. "I can't do this. I'm leaving now." He rips his hands from my grasp. His face is stone cold, and his blue eyes hard. He walks away, a path of blood from knives in his back trailing on the ground.

"Wait, Wade! Wade!"

I jolt up, gasping and terrified. "Wade?"

"What is it, baby?" He asks, rubbing my arm. He kisses my shoulder.

"Oh," i throw my arms around him tightly. "I had a terrible nightmare, that you left me at the altar."

"Oh, oh," he pulls me a little closer. "Petey, i would never —"

I pull away. "How do you know?" I say roughly. "How do you know that in a few months you're still going to want me? To love me?"

"How could you say that?" He growls. "Of course I'm offended! He's — you're the one. The only one. If I lost you i'd die. And no healing factor could save me," He says firmly. " you're the one i've been waiting for, the one I've fought for. I'd do anything for you, kill anyone, take anything, give you anything. I'd do everything in my power to make you smile."

I soften in his arms as they wrap around me. He takes a breath to begin again, but i kiss him instead.

Tears fall from my cheeks as I press my thumb against his; my fingers pushing through his blond mop. I pull away, resting my forehead against his and my nose on his cheek. "I'm sorry," i whisper. I look up into his eyes. "You're everything to me. I didnt mean to upset or doubt you."

He kisses me in response, giving his tongue a mind of its own. He pulls away just barely. "I love you," he pecks my lips.

"I love you too," i say, restarting our kiss. I move to stratal his lap, and wrap my arms around him. He puts a hand on either side of my waist and falls onto his back. A weird feeling pulses throughout my body. "Wait," i pull away, looking to the side. I hold onto him tighter and lift an arm. "Ready? Set, go," and as i finish the windows break and my web releases, latching onto the ceiling above the door. I kick it open and roll to the side, pulling Wade behind me.

Wade sits up. "What? No, he just saved us. Its not a cock-block, we weren't going to — oh, shut up."

"That was an electric shockwave," i gasp. I whip my head towards Wade. Someone's trying to kill us."

He rolls his eyes. "No shit, Sherlock."

"You have no concept of suspense."

He gasps. "Aww, you just broke the fourth wall! Thats so adorable, now can we get back to making out. He counts the walls in the hall, "one, then two, the three, ah! Four," and he faces the fourth wall. "See, you little pervert shitheads, the author's not bad at writing about kissing, she just — he just? — no, they just like suspense. Suck it."

"Okay," I say. "Can we get back to running for our lives?"

"Oh, right," he nods. "Yeah, sure."