5

"We prefer the term "Lycanthrope." - Garth Fitzgerald IV

A few days passed without a job, I've mostly been resting up though. 

One of my phones rang as I sped down the highway.

"Yeah?" I answered as I turned my music down.

"Is this Lena?" The voice of a woman asked.

"Yeah." I said again.

"You don't know me, my name is Jody Mills I got your number off a friend of mine Bobby Singer." She said.

I thought back I remember that My dad and I went on a hunt with Bobby and Rufus a long time ago. Bobby seemed to have connections with a bunch of hunters. 

"You need something?" I asked.

"I need your help with some wolves in a town close by." She told me.

"Why cant you take care of it?" I asked.

"I tried calling some friends and I left messages but I heard you were the next best for the job." She told me.

"Where are you at?" I asked deciding I need a hunt before I go insane.

"Souix falls, when you get here come to the police station." She said.

"Will do." I said before hanging up.

A few hours later I pulled into the police station, dust flying in behind me as my tires skidded into place. I caught the attention of a lot of people. 

I woman in uniform came out of the station and she didn't look too happy.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She asked as I stepped out of my car.

"Agent Madison, here to see Jody Mills." I said pulling out my badge.

She put her hands on her hips. "I am Jody Mills." She told me.

I put my badge away. "I guess I wont be needing this then."

"You're Lena Cobain?" She asked.

I nodded.

"You're younger than I expected." She said.

"I'm going to take that as a complement." I told her.

I followed her into a room where files were spread across a table. "How many so far?" 

"Five mauled, three still missing. People are starting to worry, there are groups getting together to hunt this thing down but they think its a bear. They don't really know what we're dealing with." She said.

"Tell them not to." I told her as I looked through the pictures.

"They wont listen, they're a hardheaded group. Plus they want a trophy hanging on their walls." She told me.

"Well threatening people with guns seems to make them listen." I told her.

"She may be rough around the edges, but she always gets the job done." I heard a voice say from behind me. When I turned I saw Bobby, he hasn't aged much from the last time I saw him but I could see in his eyes something has changed.

"How would you know?" I asked giving him a small hug.

"I follow what you do, it's good to keep tabs on the best of us." He said.

"Stalk much?" I asked.

"I call it research." He defended himself.

"So what do you suggest we do?" Jody asked.