11

"Hoard toilet paper. You understand me? Hoard it. Hoard it like it's made of gold. Cause it is. - Chuck Shurley (God).

I heard my mother's lullaby. Her voice was soft and sweet, it brought tears to my eyes.

"Lena?" I heard my dad call out. Finally I opened my eyes and I was able to see. I was standing in the backyard of the house we all used to live in. "Lena?" I heard again.

I ran into the house straight into my dad almost knocking him down. I hugged him as tight as I could. "Where have you been we've been waiting for you." He told me.

"We?" I asked.

"Your mother and I." He said.

"Lena wash up its dinner time." I heard my mom say. I followed my dad into the kitchen. I saw my mom at the sink drying her hands with a towel.

"Mom." I ran to her and hugged her.

"What Lena, you've been gone all day." She said hugging me back.

I looked around and took everything in. Mom was so pure and put together like she was before but dad wasn't how I remember. He wore a button up dress shirt. Something I haven't seen since before mom died.

He's not the man I remember, he didn't have the rough far off look. He's not the one that trained me to be a hunter.

It didn't feel right. This isn't who I am anymore, this isn't who we are. We aren't this perfect family anymore. Mom died and dad changed. I was raised as a fighter not a princess in this perfect house.

I watched my mom set plates of food on the table as dad sat down and laid a napkin across his lap.

"Have you found a hunt for us?" I asked him standing behind my chair.

"A hunt? it's not hunting season. And when did you want to go with me? You hate killing animals." He told me.

"Hunting season? No, monsters. Werewolves, vampires?" I asked.

"Lena are you feeling okay honey?" My mom asked putting her hand on my forehead.

"You don't hunt?" I asked but not loud enough for him to hear.

This scared me, because hunting is all I know. How could I live eternity in a perfect house, in a perfect world when I was so used to chaos.

I walked down the hallway towards the door. "Where are you going?" My mom asked.

"Somewhere that makes sense." I told her as I walked out the door. I ended up somewhere else, it was the bar I spent so many nights in Boston. The place was empty but a machete was laying on the table. I picked it up, the handle felt nice and familiar in my hand. It felt safe.

"You prefer this?" A voice asked from behind me.

I turned around with the machete out in front of me.

"Who are you?" I asked.

He held out his hands and shrugged. "I'm god."

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I set the machete down.

"I did create it, but that's not the whole reason. I got a lot of prayers from old friends and some that aren't really friends. I know what Lucifer put you through, and I'm sorry."  He told me.

"Aparently we had a good time together, even though I was brain washed." I told him.

He laughed a little. "I'm glad you can find some humor in that."

"Lena." A familiar voice said as I heard the door of the bar creek open. open

I turned and saw Castiel, I know it was the real him and not a trick. I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck squeezing him hard. He hugged me back. It was so nice to see a familiar face that knew who I was, even though I couldn't have been dead more than an hour.

"What are you doing here?" I asked wiping a tear away.

"I'm taking you back." He said.

"Cas, I'm dead. There is no going back." I told him.

"There is if you want to." He told me.

I looked at God and he gave me a small nod.

"You're serious?" I asked.

"It wasn't your time anyway." God told me.

"Do you want to go back?" Cas asked me.

I thought for a second weighing the options if staying here safe or go back to almost dying every hunt. I realized that is rather die a million times over than never hunt again. "Well we aren't done with Lucifer." I told him.

Cas gave me a smile and took my hand. He lead me towards the door. When I looked back at God he was gone. The door opened and we walked through together.

I sat up taking a deep breath to fill my lungs. I was laying on a bed but it wasn't in a hotel room. The walls were concrete and the room was cold. Castiel wasn't anywhere to be seen.

I got up and walked to the door. My whole body tingled as it was trying to get the blood to flow right again. I opened the door and followed the voices keeping my hand on the wall to keep me from falling.

I came around the corner and the lights got brighter. I had to squint to see. I saw a tall figure wearing a flannel shirt, he was leaning over the table resting one hand on it as he's other held a beer.

"Sam?" I asked, my voice wasn't as loud as I thought it was going to be but he still heard me.

He turned and saw me and let go of his beer. He came to me and lifted me up in a hug. "He got you back." He said.

"Lena." I heard Dean say excitedly. Sam put me down and in a second Dean hugged me.

"You're looking good for a dead girl." Rowena told me.

"She's not dead." Crowley told her.

I hugged Crowley, he was tense but he accepted it. "Thank you for helping me." He whispered as he let go of me.

I heard the sound of wings and ran at Cas again. "Another hug?" He asked.

"You deserve it." I told him.

"You never seemed like a touchy feely person." Dean told me.

"I guess dying made me this way." I told him.  "So who's up for putting Lucifer in the cage?"

"Lena you just came back from the dead, you need to recover." Sam said.

"I feel fine." I told him.

"Then why are your legs shaking and why are you getting winded so easily." Dean asked.

"Mind your own business." I said punching his arm. I put a hole in his shirt as my fist collided burning the fabric.

"Woah." Dean said jumping away from me and patting his shirt.

"Do you still have Lucifer's power?" Sam asked.

"Looks like it, sorry Dean." I said.

"No it's cool, that could help us." Dean told me.

Deans phone rang and he answered it right away as if he was expecting a call.

"Hey Bobby." He said putting it on speaker phone.

"Did you do it?" Bobby asked.

"Yeah, she's okay." Dean answered giving me a smile.

"Is she there?" Bobby asked.

"I'm here." I told him.

"Lena." He said sounding relieved. "I'm glad you were able to pull through again kid."

"Me too, we're going to put Lucifer back in his cage once and for all." I told him.

"Just be careful, we can't loose any of you." He said.

"You got it Bobby, talk you later ." Dean said before hanging up.

Rowena, Crowley and Cas all left on their own secret little missions as Sam, Dean and I stayed behind to search for Lucifer. I knew it was going go be harder this time to find him and Dean constantly feeding me to get my strength up didn't help. I think it was just an excuse for him to eat more though.