Tension

Tori woke up to her alarm blaring. She groaned and rolled over and turned it off.

Once she was surrounded by silence, she sighed and stared at her ceiling. She could hear the water running from Trina's shower and her horrid singing radiate throughout the house. Tori groaned again and grabbed her other pillow and put it over her face.

Suddenly, her door slammed open and Tori sat straight up to find Jade standing there.

"What the hell are you doing, Vega? You have ten minutes!"

Tori glanced at her clock and was shocked to read 6:50. She must have fallen asleep for a few minutes.

She leapt out of bed and slung off her tank top and sweatpants. She jogged over to her closet and picked out a pair of jeans and a pink blouse.

"Here ya go," Jade stated.

Tori turned around. She completely forgot about Jade being in her room.

She looked and saw Jade was holding out a hairbrush. Blushing intensely, she grabbed it and turned around to brush her hair in the mirror.

"You can put your makeup on the drive there," Jade insisted.

"Alright. Sounds good," Tori replied. She felt so awkward and weird around Jade. It definitely showed in every move she made. She grabbed her makeup essentials and rushed past Jade. "Let's go."

They both trotted down the stairs and saw Trina and Mr. and Mrs. Vega sitting down at the breakfast bar.

"Hey, Tori," Trina stated. "You gonna get some toast or something?"

Tori shook her head. "No I'll just grab something from school. Jade?"

"Let's go," she responded.

The family bid their farewells and Jade and Tori were on their way to Hollywood Arts. Tori finished applying her makeup about halfway there and they both sat in silence for a short moment.

"Jade?"

"What's up, Tori?"

"What happened last night. I mean what—"

"What are you taking about?"

Tori blushed, "When you were asking me, 'what I wanted'."

"Oh," Jade chimed. "I was just," she scoffed, "emotional."

For some reason, Tori's heart sank. "Oh," she responded.

Thankfully, Jade was just pulling into school when the conversation ended. She parked and they were both off to class.

Comment, vote & share please! This book is starting out a tad bit slow in the beginning but trust me, it gets better :)