Without You

Tori sat down on the couch and buried her face in her hands. If only she knew! If only she gave her a fucking chance to explain instead of jumping to conclusions!

     "Hey," Cat whispered, "it's gonna be okay. I don't blame her for acting how she did. At least she's out of jail, right?"

     Holy shit she was right. Tori groaned again. It was as if her brain was getting overloaded with all of this sudden information.

     Okay. One thing at a time here, Tori, she told herself. She took her hands away from her face, took a deep breath, and sighed.

     "Do you wanna do anything about what Beck did to you?"

     Cat shook her head, "I don't think it'd be much good now," her voice trembled.

     Tori frowned, "That's gotta take a toll on you, Cat."

     "What's the point if nothing's gonna get done about it? I don't see a point," she sighed.

     Tori nodded and took that as her cue to leave it alone.

     "Are you gonna do something about Jade," Cat said.

     Tori furrowed her eyebrows, "I don't really wanna leave you alone—"

     "No, you should go. I know you two like each other."

     Tori threw her hands up in disbelief, "Is it that obvious!"

     Cat smiled, "Yeah, actually it kinda is."

     Tori laughed, "Whatever. Are you sure you'll be okay here?"

     Cat nodded, "I'll just raid your fridge and crash in your room with you tonight. Unless you bring Jade over that is," she winked.

     Tori blushed, "Fuck off, Cat."

     Cat laughed as Tori threw a pillow at her and walked over to look in her fridge.

     Tori got up and put her Converse on, "Okay, Cat. Do you want me to get you anything while I'm out?"

     "A toothbrush would be nice," she replied with her head still in the fridge.

     Tori nodded, "Got it! I'll see you in a bit!"

     "Bye!"

     Tori walked out and closed the door. She jingled her keys in her fingers while she walked to her car and her mind was running rampant.

     What was she gonna do about Cat? She couldn't just sit with it could she? How in the actual fuck did Jade get out of jail? Beck was very sure of pressing charges wasn't he?

     Then it hit her:

     Beck.

     Tori quickly got in her car, started it up and sped off to Beck's. Something was telling her to go there right now, and she wasn't going to deny that feeling.

     A few minutes later, Tori pulled into Beck's lot and quickly got out of her car. She pounded on his door, "Beck! Open the fuck up!"

     A few seconds later, Beck opened the door. He was shirtless and his hair was extremely disheveled.

     "Is Jade with you," Tori asked, taking note of his appearance.

     "Uhhhh—"

     "Yeah," replied a voice inside.

     Confused, Tori looked behind Beck to see Jade standing behind him. She was in her underwear and she was absolutely stunning. She had a few tattoos on her thighs: scissors, strange designs, and a stud in her bellybutton. Her bra was black lace and her panties were matching. Her pale figure was breathtaking. What was also breathtaking, however, were the amount of scars that littered her arms, stomach, and legs. Some were pink, purple, white. Thankfully, there were no fresh ones.

     "Jade," Tori whispered. Her voice was trembling and her eyes were quickly filling with tears. She blinked them away and rubbed at the ones that fell down her face, "Please talk to me, please."

     Jade grabbed her elbow with her opposing hand and sighed, "I'm sorry, Tori," she whispered. "I'll finish the play with you but other than that, I don't think that we should be friends," her voice cracked.

     Tori's heart sank, "Jade," she whispered, "please. I—I can't do this without you. Please stay, please talk to me."

     Jade shook her head, "I'm sorry, Vega. We just weren't meant to work out." She walked in front of Beck and stood there sheepishly in the gaze of Tori.

     Tori stared at Jade. Anguish and desperation was latched onto her face and with a soft, trembling voice she whispered, "I love you. I love you, Jade. Can't you see that?"

     Jade's eyes glimmered for a split second but it was gone as soon as it appeared.

     Then Jade closed the door.

Comment, vote & share please!!