Damnit

Tori was curled up in her bed, trying to stay warm as the air conditioner blasted in her room. She sighed as she flipped through the channels on her TV. Nothing was ever on late at night.

Feeling defeated, Tori went downstairs for some food. She opened the refrigerator and drummed her fingers on the door as she looked: nothing profitable. She sighed and checked the freezer and to her delight found a gallon of chocolate ice cream. She grabbed a spoon, took off the lid of the gallon, and dug in.

She took a bite and pushed her glasses up her nose, annoyed at the sudden sliding of them down her nose. She was about to go upstairs until she strangely heard a knock on the door.

Confused, Tori set the ice cream on the counter and walked over to the door. She opened it slowly and, to her surprise, was greeted by none other than,

"Cat?"

"Meow," she replied.

Tori rolled her eyes at Cat's sarcastic return to her prior normality, "What the hell do you want?"

"Let me in and I'll fill you in."

Tori stared at her blankly and then closed the door. She walked back to her ice cream and groaned when she heard the door open and close behind her.

"What the fuck could you possibly want, Cat," Tori asked as she turned around to face her.

"I wanna make a deal."

"A deal," Tori asked with a mouthful of ice cream.

Cat nodded and sat down on the couch and Tori followed suit.

"What kind of deal?"

"It involves Jade and her. . . sentencing."

Tori set her ice cream on the coffee table and crossed her arms, "You mean the sentencing that wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for you?"

Cat sighed and looked down her hands in her lap, "Yeah. That one. Look. None of this would have happened if it wasn't for that night. To be honest, I don't remember any of it at all. I was blackout drunk."

Tori uncrossed her arms and furrowed her eyebrows, "Drunk?"

Cat nodded, "Mhm. My parents left with my brother. They were taking him to some sort of military school and they said they'd be back anywhere from nine months to a year or so."

"A year?"

"Yeah. I was sad and pissed and. . . I grabbed some liquor from my mom's cabinet. I remember calling someone, I'm assuming it was Beck, and crying and crying and crying. The next thing I know, I'm awake next to Beck. He's stroking my hair and he told me if I told anyone that he'd bust me for underage drinking or something. I don't know. So I've been dating him so he wouldn't tell."

Tori was stunned to say the least. She sat there motionless and wordless as she simply stared at Cat in disbelief. She couldn't get the words to crawl out of her throat.

"You know, now that I think about it," Cat pondered, "isn't what he did to me rape?"

Tori gulped and took a breath to reply until the front door suddenly opened. She looked up and saw Jade standing in front of her.

Jade was noticeably happy at first until she saw the red head sitting in front of Tori. Her face was distorted in anger and fear.

"What the hell is this, Vega? What, are you conspiring with the enemy now!"

"Jade. What are you doing here? I thought you were-"

"In jail," Jade finished.

"Yeah," Tori whispered. "How did you—Cat's got something to tell—"

"No," Jade yelled. "I want nothing to do with her at all, nothing!"

"Jade wait," Tori pleaded.

"And you," Jade pointed her finger at Tori, "if you fucking want her, fine! Be my goddamn guest! Just know that when you chose her, you definitely disqualified me," she turned on her heel and stormed out of Tori's house.

Tori got up and ran after her, "Jade, wait," she got outside and saw Jade was nowhere to be found. She cursed herself and kicked the wall beside her. "Damnit," she whispered.

Comment, vote & share please!!