She's Gone

"You sure everything's okay," Beck asked, cradling Jade's face in his hands.

     Jade nodded, "I'm sure."

Back softly smiled, "Okay, good," he kissed her temple softly, "where's Tori?"

"Oh she's probably around here somewhere," Jade shrugged.

"Right," he smiled. "She'll probably be back at the lunch table."

They both stood up, hand-in-hand, and walked back to their table with Tori nowhere to be seen.

"Have you guys seen Tori," Jade asked.

"Ummmm," Robbie started.

"She done hopped out of this joint," Rex continued.

Jade and Beck both looked confused.

"She left," Robbie clarified, "and in a real big hurry, too. Sorry about Rex by the way. I'm still trying to get him to control his mouth."

"Tori's sexy," Rex stated.

"Rex," Robbie shushed.

"Wait, what do you mean, 'left'? Where'd she go? Did she say anything?"

"Nope. She just grabbed her stuff and boogied on outta here," André replied. "Took her car too," he pointed out to the parking lot with a French fry.

Jade's stomach dropped, "That's not like her," she nervously laughed.

"You're telling me," André concurred, "she looked upset."

"Shit," Jade whispered to herself. She looked down at her feet and took a quick breath. She knew that she had to find Tori. Clearing her throat, she looked back at her friends and said, "I should probably go check on her. It's somewhat worrisome."

"Woah, woah, hold the chiz here, Jade," André said.

"What," Jade asked, grinding her teeth.

"Um," André gulped, "I just don't think you should leave—"

"Don't fucking tell me what to do," Jade screamed, pulling out a pair of scissors from the waistband of her jeans.

André put his hands up in surrender, "Yikes, sorry, Jade. Go on, then. Don't let me get in your way."

Jade sighed and walked away, not even bothering to say goodbye to anyone. She unlocked her car, sliding her scissors back into her jeans, and started it up.

She arrived at Tori's house in about ten minutes. Her mom's car was there but Tori's wasn't.

Her pulse beat faster as she quickly got out of her car and rushed to the front door.

She got to the door and raised her fist to knock when Tori's mom opened it.

"Mrs. Vega," Jade cleared her throat, trying to cover up the distress in her voice, "is Tori here?"

"No! She's not here! I got a text from her awhile ago and I rushed here-"

"Wait a sec. A text?"

She nodded, fumbling for her phone in her pocket, and handed it to Jade.

     It read:

     Sorry, Mom. I'm just so damn tired of all of this shit—I just needed to get away. I'll be back to practice for that stupid play, even though Jade is the absolute last thing I wanna see or think about right now... Just know that I'll be back, okay? I love you <3

     "What the hell happened between you two? Everything was going great but-"

     "I don't know," Jade interrupted, her voice cracking. "So—so she's really gone?"

     "She's gone."

Comment, vote, & share please!!