Refreshed

Averys P.O.V.

I felt refreshed walking through the locker room door. Harry made sure I stayed with him all weekend. Yesterday we just layed in bed and watched t.v. basically letting me rest off all my stress and leaving me in a good mood for today. I opened my gym locker and started to strip as I talked to some other girls about who would become team captain. After putting on red sophie shorts, my cheer sneakers,  and a white sports bra I tied my hair up into a ponytail for practice.

We joined the guys out in the gym.

We all sat in a circle in the middle of the gym floor. “Okay. Down to business.” Everyone was now listening to Connor. “This is a democracy. So we are going to vote on who our captain is… after practice.” We all groaned. “But someone needs to choreograph a new routine.” No one said anything. “Any takers?” Still no one said anything.

I stood up. “I will.”

“Seriously?” A girl from the crowd said. “Yeah. Why not?” Another girl joined in. “Choreography is really hard work.” I shrugged. “How?”

“Because we are cheerleaders. We do cheer stunts and gymnastics with a touch of dance.” I crossed my arms. “You guys do know that cheer is meant to be half dance and if you want to become All Star cheerleaders you’re all going to have to learn how to dance.”

They all shrugged. “Okay then. Well, I guess i’m in charge today so, get up run the usual five laps and stretch people. We’ve got a lot of work to do.” They all got up. I started jogging the laps as they all followed me in a straight line (like usual).

These kids are going to be pro’s by the time i’m done with them. My old team was All Stars and I was captain. No offence to these people but we were way better. We didn’t practiced we trained and thats how i’m going to do with this team.

If they want to be the best they’re going to have to train like the best.

______

“And five, six, seven, eight. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8…” I repeated as we went threw the first quarter of the routine I created. We had been working for about three hours and had already missed our first four classes.

After the routine finished I walked over to the bleacher to turn the boombox off. When I turned around everyone was laying on the ground panting. I walked up to them. “Have fun?” Bolton, another guy of the five that were on the team, replied breathing hard. “Yeah. It was a good workout.”

I smiled as they all got up to get their drinks and go to the locker room to shower. After putting away the boombox I went to the locker room and showered. After showering I refreshed my makeup and put on the pair of acid washed skinny jeans, red t-shirt with the team name on it, and red Jordan sneakers on. I didn’t feel like blow drying my hair (there are blow dryers in the locker rooms) so I just tied the damp curls into a high bun. I was the last one in the locker room since I was the last one in so I started to wonder if everyone had already gone to class without me. I grabbed my nike gym bag and slung it around my shoulders as I exited the locker room and enter the gym again. They were all on the bleachers talking.