Nothing But My Nightmares Could Harm Me

Warning: Graphic

Avery's P.O.V.

Today the squad had a cheer competition so we had to leave school at lunch. The whole day was fun. We did are routine and of course came out with first place.

After stopping to eat a late dinner at Applebees we returned to the school at about 10pm.

Being the caption I gave everyone a quick schedule of what we were doing this week and told them that they did a good job in the bus and then dismissed them to go home.

I made sure everyone had gotten off the bus and then checked if anyone had forgotten anything on the seats or floor. Proud that no one had, I took the large trophy to the office to leave it there so that our principle could put it in the trophy case the next morning. I grabbed my bag from the floor and walked down the empty hallways.

It was so quiet in the hallways; You would be able to hear a pin drop.

Every class was empty and dark until I walked passed Jonathan's and saw that his wasn't. As I took a quick glance into the mysteriously lit room I realized that it was also empty.

Thats weird.

I kept walking down the hallways until I got to the revolving doors that are used to exit the building when I noticed a broad shadow beside mine.

I paused to turn around only to find an empty hallway.

I shrugged the weird moment off and tugged my cheer skirt down a bit more as I exited the building.

A rush of California wind hit me cold in the face so I breathed the fresh air in.

I was about to start thinking about how good today was. I was about to start mentally rejoicing and praising the Lord all mighty because Jonathan didn't bother me. I know for a fact that was the reason for my joy beside the fact that the squad one first place. I glanced at my phone to check the time.

10:59pm

I stretched my neck cracking it because of the slight soreness in my body from such a physical day I had. I was so tired I didn't even know if I could keep my eyes open enough to drive home.

When I got to the car I realized that my tired eyes were causing annoying friction in my contacts so I laid my bag down on the grown and got my contact lens holder out. After exchanging my contacts for glasses I unlocked my car but weirdly before I could open the door my bag was pulled from my shoulder causing me to stumble  and my glasses to fall to the ground.

"What the fuck?" I sneered whipping my body around to face who ever is was.

I thought that it was going to be some random freshmen
boy who got dared by his friends to mess with me or something along that line. Maybe even a senior i knew who stayed at school to do some makeup work so that they could gain enough credits to graduate.

Who knows. It could be anyone.

I turned around only to get a glimpse of what I was sure to be  Jonathan before I was being swept off my feet by him... And not in a good way.

He covered my mouth with his hand and lifted me up with the other caring me off to where ever he was headed.

I screamed and punched not because I believed he was going to do anything to me but just because I don't like him and I don't want him picking me up. Before I knew it we were behind the school which was basically an ally, especially considering how dark it was.

He slammed my back against the wall, which I was not expecting at all.

Why was he being so rough?