Fierce

Important:

If you didn’t know who Nate is, it’s one of her best friends. I won’t be able to describe him in the story so i’m just going to tell you that he is Nick Roux from the show Jane by Design. Please google him from the show because he is gorgeous. But basically he has dirty blonde hair that he puts up in a faux hawk. He has brown eyes and he’s six feet tall. He dresses kind of punk mixed with pop. Then there is Danny, the other best friend. He is really cute. Brown puffy skater hair. dimples. green/hazel eyes. I know it sounds like Harry but they look nothing a like.

__________________________________

Nate’s P.O.V.

Monday morning

I parked my pickup truck in a space next to Harry’s group. Harry and his friends crowded around Harry’s motorcycle. I joined Danny and Jessie by leaning on the back of the trunk.

I lit up a cigarette.

I glanced over to the back of the parking lot where I saw Avery slamming the door to her car. I hadn’t talked to her or texted her all weekend. When she looked up I expected to see her looking normal and drab like she does now a days… but she looked different. She looked… refreshed… like herself again.

The wind helped her flip her long volumized hair out of the way of her face. She through her bag over her shoulder. She wore black jeans that had a bunch of rips going all up the front. She wore a black bralet with spikes all around the crop top, showing the diamond belly button ring with a bedazzled gun hanging off the short chain at the bottom. Her makeup was natural yet dark and she wore dark red lipstick. She had on a black spiked leather jacket and red Dr. Martens.

I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. She looked happy… not completely... but happy. Tristan and Gabriella came over which took my attention off of Avery for a split second but my eyes were planted on her the next.

I was glad to see her looking like my best friend again.

Jessie’s P.O.V.

Nate spoke up grinning. “Look.” We all looked to where he was hinting.

Avery.

She looked so refreshed. So her again. I don’t know what could of happened to change her back. Maybe Hannah and Mrs. K changed their minds about making Avery fake. Maybe Avery finally stood up to them both.

I don’t know but whatever it was i’m glad it happened.

She was walking and checking her phone, like always so I put two of my fingers in my mouth and whistled to her. She stopped walking and looked up. I gave her a head nod. She shook her head at how much of a dog I was pretending to be.

And yes, pretending. I don’t like Avery. I mean, I like her but not like her like that. That would be… gross… just nasty. We grew up together. We are family… all of us. Danny, Jessie, Nate, and Avery. We are all too close to each other for all that love crap.