Chapter 8- Super Fight

"Super mutants. I'm assuming they caused the damage out front." You hummed.

"Yes. Those brutes won't leave us alone and our three fighters can't handle them alone. They'll be back later today for food or whatever they can find. You'll help us right?" She asked.

"Of course we will." You smiled.

"Great! Let me take you to the Lieutenant." She chided. You all walked outside and a few buildings to the left. She knocked, waited for the word "Enter.", and pushed the door open. Inside stood a tall thin woman with short copper hair. She wore a camo t-shirt and dirty blue jeans.

"Lieutenant, this is the general and her two best fighters. They are here to help us with the mutants." Jess smiled.

"Pleased to meet you. Putting formalities aside, we should work on a strategy." She looked down briefly at your attire and turned up her pointy nose in silent disgust. You folded your arms and she motioned you over to her table. On it laid a hand-drawn map of the town. "Assuming when the mutants return they will enter from the front, we should form two lines-"

"Excuse me, Lieutenant. I do see an opening at the back of town. I think it would be smart to put at least two people back there just in case they attempt to attack that way."

The lieutenant stared at you with an unreadable expression. Then she sighed and placed her hands on the table.

"Alright. Two people in the back. That leaves four up front. Now, we have an extended arsenal if you'd like to have a look." She pointed to the back where a door sat.

"Well, we already have our weapons. I have a (Favorite gun) and they chose theirs." You replied. She paused again to stare at you, this time it was more of a glare.

"Right. I'll retrieve the other two. One moment." She retreated into a different room and you three talked quietly amongst yourselves.

"I don't like her, she's rude." Ross whispered.

"She doesn't like us either, I think." Max nodded. She walked back out of the room with one guy and one girl following her.

"Shall we go?" She asked, glancing at each of you. You nodded and held the door open for everyone. Once outside you instructed that Ross and one of her soldiers wait by the back entrance. They agreed and left. From there, the lieutenant walked up to the front entrance and the rest of you followed.

"Two lines. You two stay back. The general and I will be up front, try not to shoot us on accident." She snapped. Max scoffed, and the other soldier rolled his eyes. They got behind you both and to the side a bit. You all stood there for close to an hour without a sign of any super mutants. But finally you saw them approaching.

"Ready, steady, fire!!" The lieutenant shouted. All four of you shot at them as they got closer to the entrance, then you noticed something.

"FALL BACK!!" You yelled to everyone. The lieutenant shot you a look of disapproval but you yelled, "you too!" Once she begrudgingly got behind you, you aimed at the suiciders' bomb. One shot set off the bomb and it exploded in a fiery blast. The explosion killed one other super mutant, but there were still three more that came forth once the smoke cleared.

"LINE UP!!" You shouted and the fighters behind you lined up with you, shooting with fury and giving the final super mutants hell. The last one fell and you dropped your gun, exhausted.