Chapter 7: A Get Together

🏃Clark's POV🏃

"Clark get up!" Ethan yelled from outside of my door. "You have half an hour to get ready for Aiden and Aaron's anniversary!"

I sat up, sleepily looking around the room as I tried to figure out what was happening.

"Mmm." I hummed out, classifying it as an answer in my sleepy state.

"Aiden and Aaron's anniversary. Get up!" He yelled urgently.

I still wasn't able to process much as I slowly turned so I was sitting at the edge of the bed.

"French toast!" Ethan added suddenly.

My eyes adjusted immediately and I soon found myself in the shower rubbing soap onto my body.

"I'll be out in fifteen." I shouted back to Ethan who was probably smiling smugly at my foolishness.

~~~

I stepped into the Rinx, looking around with wide eyes while Ethan went up to the receptionist. I looked over to Ethan to see him motioning for me to follow him.

I nodded walking over to him as we headed to another room.

The door was wide open revealing Aiden talking to an older couple who I undoubtedly knew were Aaron's parents while Aaron was to the side talking to a couple of other adults in the room. Other then the three people standing in the middle of the room and a couple of other people that I knew and assumed to be some of Aaron and Aiden's friends the room itself was empty with it's brightly painted walls in yellow, green, red, and blue.

Ethan was about to open his mouth to say something but Aiden beat him to it when he spotted his best friend.

"Ethan, Clark!" Aiden called happily while walking towards us. "How are guys?"

"We're doing really well." Ethan smiled while he pulled Aiden in for a hug. "We're just glad that you invited us."

Aiden and I shared a hug as well and he gave me an incredibly warm smile before he was talking to Ethan again.

"Of course. When we decided that we wanted to do something more public this year you were some of the first people to come to mind." Aiden told us.

I made my way over to Aaron and his friends, hugging and shaking hands with the people I knew and introducing myself to the ones I didn't. Afterwards I headed over to his parents and we shared our greetings before I found myself informing Mr and Mrs Tyler of everything that was happening in my life.

"I'm glad you're doing so well." Tania smiled at me as she held my hands. "I was so worried when Aaron told me about how Ethan found you so it's great that you are on even footing."

I felt my smile get tight as I thought about my complicated past.

Memories tried to sneak themselves in but I shook my head giving Tania a genuine smile.

"Thank you Aunt Tania, I appreciate it."

I walked back over to Ethan's side wanting to comfortably wait for my friends with my wonderful entertainment.

Ethan and Aiden's conversation.

"Are you sure that you really don't want to go out with her?" Aiden was asking Ethan, a disappointed look on his face. "Aaron knows her personally and I can tell you that she would be an amazing girlfriend."

"I'm sure." Ethan replied, putting a smile on his face in hope that it would make Aiden feel better. "I don't really need a relationship right now so you don't have to worry about my love life."