Chapter 31: Undecided

🏃Clark's POV🏃

“Hmm . . . ” The hellish man hummed, staring at the multiple colours. “I am not sure . . . ”

I let out a small sigh while Meaghan did not even hold back her large eye roll. Both of us had become fed up with Kevin’s attitude and his constant indecisiveness, it was grinding on our nerves. We had invited the sick man to shop for some of the furnishing options. We still had no idea how he actually wanted it styled, so Meaghan had hoped that we would get an idea from the pieces he liked.

He liked nothing. Everything was “alright” to him and when he looked at stuff, he usually just said, “maybe we should see what else they have”.

Meaghan had dropped her sweet and patient pretense, completely fed up with him. And when Kevin didn’t complain the first time, she took it as the okay and completely relaxed. There was no more flirting time luckily because that made me uncomfortable, but there were moments were Kevin stole some grabs at my ass.

I took great pleasure in being able to hit him without punishment. I ignored the fact that it would probably come the next time he got the two of us alone. But, until then, I would enjoy my power to reject for as long as possible.

Kevin was currently staring at the different colours of a chair he had finally shown interest in. Meaghan and I had been excited until we saw that they had different colours and now we were both tired. We have been waiting for him to choose a colour for the last 7 minutes and he still did not seem close to a decision.

“Have you-” Meaghan began to ask before she was cut off.

“Actually, I think I like that chair better.” Kevin suddenly blurted, pointing at a chair not far from where the three of us stood. “Can we style the room around that style?”

Meaghan and I both turned to the chair and realized that the aforementioned chair was A-For-Freaking-Mentioned over an hour ago! We had shown it to him and all he had said was “hmm . . . let’s see what else they have”!

I felt my face heat up from anger, but a hand on my right shoulder started to calm me. Looking to me right, I saw Meaghan shake her head.

It’s not worth it was the mental message. She was right. In her eyes, Kevin was still a customer and although he was probably being difficult on purpose, I may have to deal with tough clients in the future. May as well learn from this asshole.

“Fine, we’ll start designing around it.” I said, gaining a small smile from Meaghan. Kevin gave me a surprised look before it turned into a sickly sweet smile.

“Thank you, Clark. You’re an angel.” He grinned, tilting his head and letting his eyes wander down my body. I barely held back the shiver of disgust and nodded.

Bastard

“You’re welcome.” I smiled softly, feeling the pull of my cheeks stretch my face into a fake smile.

I wish you never showed up.

~~~~~

The hand on my right hip pressed down harder into the flesh, drawing a wince from me. I think that a bruise was starting to form from how hard Kevin squeezed me in that particular spot. I hated it. I hated how often he took me away and stole kiss after kiss that should belong to my boyfriend.

But I was scared, scared of what might happen if I tried to fight.

Kevin had pulled me away again, and again I didn’t fight back. Was I weak? Was this weak of me, to continue to let him pull me away like this?