Chapter 50: Boba

🏃‍♂️Clark's POV🏃‍♂️

Six of us sat in one of the large lounges, talking over unhealthy snacks and sweet drinks. While there were plenty of couches and seats to go around, we somehow found it a better idea to all be sitting down on the carpeted floor.

Jasmine sat to my left, Daniel on the opposite side of her. Mason sat to my right, with Daniel next to him. And Mark and Santiago acted as our chairs. If I was being specific, Mason was seated on Mark's lap and I was sitting between Santiago's leg.

We wanted to hang out again, and because I was staying at Jasmine's house until next week, it made even more sense to have it here as we did before. Santiago, with his chin rubbing gently into my hair, cuddled me while our friends watched with teasing eyes. I blushed, noticing that they were all staring at the two of us, but leant back into his warmth regardless.

"You guys are sickly sweet. I'm going to get a cavity." Daniel complained, holding his jaw with a whine as if he was actually experiencing the pain. Jasmine --gently-- smacked his arm, frowning up at him.

"Don't compliment them." She whispered to him lowly, acting as if we couldn't hear her words. "It will go to their love impaired brains and encourage them to give us more PDA!"

While all of us did know that she was joking, I found myself getting bothered as they laughed heartily. Santiago, not bothered in the slightest, just nuzzled his face into my neck. I couldn't help the small smile that came onto my face as I bit my bottom lip. This did not help our argument in the least, but we didn't really have anything to argue with.

In just a couple of days, Santiago and I had gone from totally platonic to a couple that has been dating for four months.

And the rest of our friends never let us forget it, constantly commenting on our cozy interaction and heart eyes, Santiago and I couldn't help it though. Finally getting to act as a couple was fantastic, and we were making the most of it.

As the conversation moved to more general topics, I decided to quickly check my phone. It was then that I saw an email about something I had been looking into for tomorrow. It was Thursday today, tomorrow being the day of Santiago and I's official first date.

And while I was enjoying the couples bliss --all in the comforting confinements of the Tylers' home-- I still had to plan the impending outing.

In my relationship with Liam, I allowed him the reins to plan and organize all of our dates. I sat back, allowing him to put in all of his efforts while I simply received.

It was another hint that I wasn't truly as invested in the relationship as I told myself. But, because of that, I never had to plan a date. In my time with Kevin, the same thing happened because he was a control freak so I never planned dates either.

Even with that one boy, I went out with in freshman year of high school. We went out a total of three times in our short relationship and I never had to plan a date.

Now, though, when I had asked Santiago asked and felt a further need to repay him for all the wonderful things he has done for me, I was forced to plan. It was hard, and so much pressure.

I have a message for any people out there waiting for someone to ask you out or make the first move. You have to realize that there is so much anxiety there. Not only is there so much anxiety just putting yourself out there to be rejected, but there is also a ton of weight in having to plan the date and make it good.

I have been on some quite fantastic dates, I have to be honest and trying to live up to those and my personal expectation for someone I cared so much around, I felt an immense amount of pressure.