Chapter 25: We Love A Caring Man

*Edited*

🏃‍♂️Clark's POV🏃‍♂️

I sucked in a long, fortifying breath. With it, I imagined that I was drawing in strength, patience, peace, and relaxation. With that one breath, I would turn back into the relaxed, carefree Clark that Liam expected me to be. With that one breath, Liam would never know of my problems. I sighed heavily, releasing my worries and problems.

Once I finished, I rolled back my shoulders and shook out my arms. I could do this, I could totally do this. I confidently walked up to the front door and opened it to find a casually dressed Liam. Liam, who had been staring down at his phone, looked up and beamed when he met my eyes.

"Clark, hey!" He smiled, slipping his phone into his back pocket. "It's been a while since I've seen you."

Liam stepped forward and drew me into his arms. I hugged him back and closed my eyes when he stole a quick kiss. Pulling back from his lips, I smiled up at Liam and stepped away from him.

"Hey." I gave Liam a large smile and ignored how it felt uncomfortable to stretch my face that much. "Uh, do you want to go?"

Liam wore a softer smile, his eyes crinkling adorably as he nodded.

"Yeah, this is going to be the third time that we go to a proper restaurant." Liam told me as I put on my shoes and locked the front door. He reached out his hand, grabbing my wrist before he started to lead me down the corridor.

I giggled softly as Liam continued to lead me around as if I didn't know where I was going.

"Um, Liam." Liam looked back at me with a questioning look. "You know that you don't have to lead me out of the building. I live here, remember?"

Liam chuckled before giving me a slightly pleading look.

"Please humour me and allow me to do this. I won't be able to 'flex my masculinity' if I am not allowed the simple moments, my love." Liam joked, his chest puffing out dramatically as he spoke.

I laughed and nodded, my steps becoming peppy without my notice.

"Alright. As a gift to you, I'll act as the damsel in distress." I stated with a teasing grin. I puffed out my chest, attempting to create boobs, and started walking while swaying my hips and fluttering my lashes. "Oh dear, I am so incredibly lost!"

Liam found that extremely amusing and laughed until we left the building.

~~~~~

At first, acting relaxed around Liam was easy to me. After breaking the self-made ice by Clark Robinson and ruining the barriers that I had imagined between Liam and I, it felt easy. But as time passed and I spent more and more time with my boyfriend, I found my usual thoughts of paranoia and worry to come back. Along with other surprises.

The two of us were currently eating dinner, the restaurant that we were eating at which Liam chose was beautiful. The French restaurant was further north than where I lived, uptown really, and posher.

The restaurant itself was smaller, the tables few and spaced apart. The walls were covered in a dark wallpaper which contributed to the dark atmosphere already created by the dimmed lights.

The tables were small and squared, the tablecloth was carefully draped over the table and allowed for ample room to play footsy, and the small top allowed for one to lean over it and easily reach the other side with their hand.

The general vibe of the place was black and white, and the swanky soft smooth jazz playing in the background contributed to the stylish yet slightly expensive feeling of the restaurant. And expensive it was, the prices made my small town eyes bulge and briefly consider forcing Liam to leave with me. Simply so that we wouldn't have to pay for such pricey food.