Chapter 47: "Extended Gang"

🏃‍♂️Clark’s POV🏃‍♂️

“I’m the worst adoptive big sister ever!” Meaghan yelled, sobbing onto my arm. I tried to calm her down and make her feel better, but Meaghan was dead set on going through all of the guilt. She seemed to take full responsibility for what happened to me in her office building and it didn’t seem like she was going to stop anytime soon.

I sighed, looking up at Francy who had watery eyes herself. She was giving me a mix between a pitying and angry look --I assumed that the ‘angry’ was directed to Kevin, not me-- and was pacing around the room.

On the laptop in front of me, Aiden and Aaron were seen, talking quietly among themselves about what they had been told since Meaghan was taking all of my attention. I felt like they had more to say but were waiting for Meaghan to exit.

It was a few days after I had talked to my parents, the three of us were still texting and calling each other multiple times a day to make up for lost time, and I thought that it was about time that I let some more people know what was going on.

Tania and Mathew, always excited to have opportunities to bring their children together, suggesting telling the rest of the Tyler siblings all at once. So, we had called up Meaghan and Francesca to come to Jasmine’s house, where I was still staying, and scheduled a video chat with Aiden and Aaron for the time when their sisters should have arrived.

The two had moved down to LA a while ago so it made the most sense to do a video chat. It had been a bit awkward to explain it to all of them if I was being honest. They only knew the basics of my relationship with Kevin because their siblings told them, so I never had to do it myself.

Now, I had to explain to them --briefly or I would have never been able to go through with it-- what happened. The first reaction was shock, then anger directed at Kevin. Then, all of the anger was directed at Meaghan.

Siblings seemed to be ruthless with each other and were on her almost immediately.

How in the world did you not notice how uncomfortable Clark was?!

Why did you let him lead him away so many times?!

You should have done more?!

It was a bit hard to watch, especially when Meaghan began crying herself. But, I never blamed her. I had been trying to hide it from her actually, so my goals had been met. Even after her siblings and Aiden realized that they were being too harsh and laid off of her, she was still caught up in her guilt.

“How did I not realize how much of a creep he was?!” Meaghan asked through a sob, more to herself than anyone else. She tears were starting to soak my shirt but I didn’t care, I was just worried about her strong reaction. “I treated him decently. I even flirted with him!”

“Wait, what?” Francesca interrupted, looking at Meaghan with a slightly disturbed expressed. “You were flirting with a kid.”

Meaghan calmed down a bit at the insult, now thinking over the odd situation.

“He looked a lot older than what he actually was.” Meaghan says, trying to lessen the weirdness of it all. “And I guess I didn’t notice because he was cute.”

I nod, seeing that they didn’t seem to believe it at all.

“He really did look old for his age. I think the drugs might have aged him.” I tell them honestly, a smile slipping on my face when they begin to laugh. They are momentarily distracted by the sad topic because they start joking a ton about it.

We were laughing so much that their parents popped their heads in, thinking that I had already explained everything. But, sadly, I had to shoo them off again because I hadn’t yet gotten to the kidnapping part.