Chapter 17: Party Planners!🎉🎂

*Edited*

🏃Clark's POV🏃

I walked up to the front door of the Tyler residence once again, this time, pulling out my phone to message Jasmine to let me in.

I was not in the mood to have Jasmine not answer for how many minutes because she couldn't hear the doorbell. She would definitely hear her phone.

I heard a ding and when I opened my phone I saw just one simple message.

Jasmine

It's open

"Well, I guess we can just go in." I told him, opening the front door and walking in with him trailing behind me.

I expected him to say something else in response but it sounded as if all the air left him when we walked into the house and he saw the inside.

"Gosh, this place is amazing!" Santiago said, his voice barely above a whisper as he stared around the room in awe.

He had had a similar reaction when we had gotten to the front gates and we walked up the long driveway to the front of the mansion. Santiago hadn't completely believed me when I said the Mark and Jasmine lived in a mansion but he sure did now since he saw it for himself.

"I still can't believe that Jasmine and Mark live in this place, though I never thought of myself as to have a ton of prejudices, I never would have thought that they lived here with the way that they acted." Santiago told me, his eyes still continually moving from spot to spot as he tried to take in the entire foyer.

"Well, you probably didn't know this but for most of their childhood, Jasmine and Mark's family lived in a regular house and were an average family." I explained, watching when Santiago seemed to be briefly surprised. "But their dad made some smart choices when it came to working and got a job with a quickly growing company. He and his wife were so excited by the amount of money that they were making that the first thing that they did was buy this huge house."

Santiago opened his mouth to say something else but he stopped when we both heard someone walk into the foyer. She was walking towards the stairs, holding a large tray that had bowls of carrots, apples, and peanut butter when she noticed the two of us.

"Oh, Clark! And you brought a friend!" She beamed, running out of the room to put down her tray, then running back to give me a big, tight hug.

"Hi, Auntie Tania. It's great to see you." I smiled, squeezing Mark's mother a bit more before I stepped back. "How are you and your husband?"

Aunt Tania's eyes crinkled as she smiled at me, she seemed genuinely happy to see me and it made my chest feel warm.

"Oh, we are doing wonderfully, Matthew is going to become a partner at his company so it seems like he will be able to retire and just receive money from the company soon."

I gasped and hugged her again.

"That is amazing news! Will you continue to work at the high school while he is retired?" I asked her, my words rushed out of excitement for her.

"Well, I am not completely sure, I think that I will for a little while but afterward, I would like to retire with him, we could leave the house to the twins and possible have Meaghan or Aaron or even Francesca coming over sometimes to make sure that they are okay while we travel or something. It is all very exciting!" Aunt Tania seemed so happy and I was so happy that things were working out for her, she and her husband were incredibly nice and generous people in my eyes and I wanted the best for them and their entire family.

"So, how are you? Or better yet, how is that boyfriend of yours?" Aunt Tania asked with an evil glint in her eye. "Are you two alright now or are you still fighting over whether you want to talk about your sex life with other people or not?"