Life Or Love

Hey guys! Hope you like this chapter ! This one is dedicated to bellamour_ for the awesome 'movie poster' you see on the right! Thanks hun! Also, I re-edited Nico's age... I went with 11, almost twelve (in a few months) - 13 seemed a little old. If you are curious why I keep making him older, leave a comment and I'll explain better !  

Song for this chapter: I'll Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab For Cutie (one of my favorite songs, special shout out to Allisnwonderland for reminding me of it) This is another great Olercy song (or Polive, which ever you prefer).

Ch. 12 - Life Or Love

    "This tale has not yet meaning, but shall in time,

         When the word is teetering on the flip of a dime. 

    Listen and be aware,

        Seek out the girl with flaming hair.

    The one locked away do to fright and sorrow -

        Come, step into the Tavern of Tomorrow

    And mend what was broken by Cupid's arrow.

        Strength she posses by ten-fold

    But only the smart can take her from Earth's hold."

    Percy didn't miss a beat while reciting the prophecy to me, it was melodic and smooth - making my heart race with excitement at the mystery of his words. Percy chuckled a little in my mind and spoke up once again. "He was a little scared; Nico thinks he will forget it, but I told him that it's kind of hard to. The spirit of Delphi is a hard thing to forget - especially when it's your first time hearing her in your head."

     "Yeah - I know." I mumbled, mind racing over the verses Percy had muttered to me while the warm water lapped at my skin, teasingly. There was something inside the words. A hidden truth. The sensation would not leave me alone and no matter how many times my brain tried to jam the puzzle pieces together, it couldn't do it.

     There was a disturbance in the water causing my peaceful floating to turn into a capsizing boat - then a hand wrapped around my ankle, pulling me to shore and away from the water. Away from Percy. "Come on, lazy." Apollo chuckled, hauling me onto the shore before I could even say goodbye. "Time to stop relaxing and get back to work."

      "W-wait!" I struggled against Apollo, trying to back into the water. I didn't want to say good bye to Percy yet. I still wanted to ask more things, talk a little longer. I didn't know the next time I'd see him or even hear his voice. 

     Apollo gave me a strange, confused look. "It's not that big of a deal, Olive. You can have another break in fifteen minutes. Just work on some other things first." He shook out his hair, splattering droplets of water every where. "Gez, for a minor god, you sure are whiny."

     Biting my lip, I tried to remember the prophecy Percy had mentioned to me. It was nipping at the back of my mind, bugging me. I couldn't place it, however. "Not yet meaning... Shall in time. World teetering on the flip of a dime?" I rose a brow. I didn't notice Apollo's back stiffen the more I talked. 

     "Flip of a dime..." I hummed to myself, bringing the next few phrases into my mind. "Listen... girl with flaming hair." Apollo's fists clenched at his sides as the questions slurred from my mouth, under my breath as the puzzle tried to fit together. "Locked away...? Fright and sorrow. Tavern of Tomorrow? What does that me-"