Taking A Stroll

'Oh my gosh I absolutely LOVE this story like seriously you are my absolute IDOL I was obsessed with your books before, but then you stopped updating, now I'm reading it again!!! Every day, all day, I've been reading your books, blatantly ignoring my parents telling me to go to sleep. I think it's starting to annoy them............ Ah well. So please, PLEASE update!! My life depends on you. So help me if you don't update I will jump through this computer and kidnap you and starve you to force you to update. >.< '

 Okay... Don't get all 'Misery' on me. I'm no Stephen King! 

Dedicated to emijewel for the awesome comment, and sorry that this update is late! Hope this makes up for the wait?  

Song For This Chapter: All I Need - Courage My Love (Special shout out to allisnwndrlnd for showing me this beautiful song, it does remind me of Percy and Olive!)

Ch. 14 - Taking A Stroll

    I was really beginning to curse Aphrodite's name. Her and Hera. Spiteful goddesses, they'd known Earth was currently frozen over in the dead of winter, yet Hera had zapped me down to the cold without so much of a jacket. In this god awful dress that was made for the balmy humidity of Greece. 

     Clenching my fingers tightly around Percy's torso, I felt my body temperature drop dangerously low. If it wasn't for my insulating god blood, and Percy's body warmth, I probably would not have lasted long as I did on the back of the midnight colored pegasus. 

     "You okay back there?" Percy called, worry in his voice that made me soften a little on the inside. "We can stop and get you a jacket soon, promise."

     I grinned, teeth chattering and nuzzled closer to him. "Don't worry about it, I'll be fine. Believe me." Percy relaxed a little and gave me a nod in response. I peered down at the large, white van we had been following - the driver had lost us twice, but the pegasus managed to keep up the pace.

     The world was flashing by us, and even though I knew I had nothing to fear at this height, I felt the familiar fear tugging in the pit of my stomach. I was not supposed to be in the air - and honestly neither was Percy. I was the daughter of the hunt, I should be running barefoot through forests and shrubs, not flying hundreds of miles in the air. And, Percy was the son of the sea - this was dangerous if Zeus was in a bad mood.

     Biting my lip, I realized I owed Hera my gratitude. She had blessed me, sending me here without Zeus's full permission, she no doubt was keeping him calm. But, something stirred inside me, making me confused. Why had Hera even listened to Aphrodite? I still hadn't been able to piece it together, maybe I'd find out later.

     Percy begun to descend onto the Chrysler Building, landing the tiring pegasus to get a better look out for the van. The traffic was pretty thick since it was the holidays - people were no doubt dealing with their last minute shopping businesses.

     "Where is Argus taking them?" Percy muttered to himself, jumping off of the pegasus and helping me off as well since I was wearing the ridiculously long Greek dress. I knew now, with out a single doubt in my mind, I was going to ruin this dress.

     Percy looked directly into the eyes of the pegasus and rose a brow. "Which girl?"

     That took me by surprise, arching a brow I watched the pegasus whiney and shake it's head towards the direction that the van was headed in, then Percy responded to it again. "Zoë?"