Friendzoned|My Point

C H A P T E R  E I G H T -
M Y  P O I N T

(Jackie)

"Why are you telling me this all now, Marco?" I look at him in vain. This is not how this should be.

Marco looks at me like a puppy who lost its owner. It makes me guilty that I made him feel this way, that I refuse to acknowledge his feelings but this is what's  right. "Is it bad to love you Jackie?"

"It's bad," I whisper and clench on my fists. "--this is wrong, Marco."

"But this is how I feel, Jackie," he clenches on his heart. "--am I wrong for feeling this way?"

"Marco I---"

"I love you Jackie. I loved you since we first met," he looks down and I see a tear fall. "I couldn't just stand by and just be okay with watching you from afar."

"You may not take me seriously because I always act like I'm an airhead, but I this is something I know I feel so true," he sobs.

"Marco I'm sorry," I whisper. "--but I will never love you."

"Then what am I lacking Jackie? What can I do to make you change your mind?" he pleads and clutches on my arm as tears trickle down his eyes.

I look away and calmed myself. I need to be strong, for Star and for Marco. "Marco, you don't get it do you? You're just not my type what else is there to say?"

"But--"

"Open your eyes Marco! Don't just focus on me, there's someone who loves you the way you love me," I look at him sadly and removed his hand gently. "--but that will never be me."

I walked away, leaving the brunette on his knees by himself as guilt and pain eats me slowly. I had to do it, I'm doing what's right.

I head down the stairs and tried to find Star or Janna but they weren't there. I passed by countless of people until I see Janna.

"Jann---" I stop when I see the figure in front of her. It's Star and Tom.

"Janna, what's happening?" I ask her but she only clenches her fists. "--why is Tom hugging Star?" she murmurs softly.

"Did she realize she loved Tom all along and not Marco?" she says and I could feel the angst and dread behind those words. "--but I loved Tom first. I love him even if he pushes me away, even if he was that guy who almost never muttered a thing, said hurtful things to me."

"B-b-but why is he letting Star hug him?" she croaks. "--does he feel the same way too?"

"Janna, don't assume anything just yet," I held her shoulder and she turns to me with a worn out look in her face. "--how can I not assume when they're hugging in front of me?"

I look closer and see that Star is...sobbing. Dread and horror immediately kicks in me as I put all the pieces together. "Janna, this is my fault."

"Why?"

"Star probably heard..."

"He-heard what?"

"Marco confessing to me."