Friendzoned|In the End It's You

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - T W O -
C O N F L I C T

[ T r u e  E n d i n g]

[Author's Note : I apologize I didn't publish these chapters last Friday. I ran out of mobile data and I just re-loaded this day. As an apology, I have posted a chapter for, Hopeless Girl |

Christmas passed in a blur and before  I knew it, it was February.

"Good morning, Star."

I turn around and look up to give him a grin. I chimed in, watching him come close and stood beside me. "Good morning, Marco."

Me and Marco are dating.

I reached for his hand and held it, intertwining my fingers with his. He yawns. I playfully nudge him by the shoulder. "You look tired. What kept you busy?"

He looks at me with droopy eyes, dark circles were evident under his eyes. "I was trying to finish the 8,000 word essay."

He officially asked me to be his girlfriend during Christmas Eve, in front of the largest christmas tree in town whilst his figure illuminated under the lights.

I just had to say yes.

"Poor you," I murmured while we crossed the street, my hand held tighter in his. Sometimes I wonder if this was actually happening to me.

Sometimes I doubt and fear that the day will come. When he finally gets tired of me.

I can still see it, Marco. It's evident in your eyes who you truly love. How your eyes still sparkle when she comes by or how happy you are when you two chat for a short while.

But I still somehow hoped that things would change if we kept this on. That you'll eventually love me with all of you, and not just left-over pieces. Because I don't want to be the second option.

To be the left-over when you get tired of me. When you finally decided to stop lying to your feelings, when we both just stop lying to ourselves.

And when I finally won't be clinging onto you.

. . .

I stole a glance by the person who sat behind me. He looked the same as usual, indifferent, quiet and neutral. It's as if all those things that happened between us were just a figment of my imagination.

I wanted to speak to him like the old times, but that was being selfish of me. He's trying to forget me by avoiding me and just pushing myself onto him will only cause damage.

"Good morning, Tom," I turned my head to meet Janna greeting Tom with a light blush on her cheeks. I look away as I felt my heart lurched.

"Morning," he replies and everyone could hear Janna's chuckle. "That's the spirit! See? You're gonna be a normal person in no time."

Looks like Tom really kept his promise.

. . .

(Marco)

"Why did you call me here, Jackie?" I arrived by rooftop, my heart racing anxiously as I watch her stand close by the railings, clenching it tight with her fingers.