Chapter 1

Cosmo felt his wings pop up behind his back. Not now, he mentally begged himself. The shirt had no holes for the wings to appear through. He wondered how come he hadn't thought of it when he left.

It hurt now, and a scowl appeared on Cosmo's face. He managed to hold his lips still, but his eyes got a little wet. His shirt was about to tear. He struggled to hold the wings back, but they broke out again, moving towards the fabric of the clothes.

"Are you fine?" Willow asked, giving him a curious look. Cosmo breathed out.

"Yes, yes, I am," he replied, ruffling Willow's hair. The wings started to fade, but Cosmo forced himself not to think of it. They would pop out again.

"What happened to Ivy?"

"Nothing," he dodged the question, moving his thoughts to somewhere else.

"Why is she getting her wings clipped? Did she do something wrong?"

"No."

At least that was the truth. Cosmo lay back on the blue plastic chair and relaxed. That was rather hard to do in a room with completely white walls.

That moment he heard a quiet noise which caused him to turn his glance to the door. The knob turned, the door opened, and Ivy walked into the room.

"Thirty more minutes," she said monotonously, throwing herself on the chair next to Cosmo.

"Have you tried to talk to them?" Cosmo looked up at her.

"It would be no use."

"But still, Janina lit the house, not you. Facts are facts."

"It's easier just to accept it, trust me."

"Accept that you're getting your wings clipped?"

Ivy nodded, staring at the wall emotionlessly.

"How can you sit still?" Cosmo questioned, standing up and kicking the chair back. "You'll be wingless! No one will ever want to deal with you!"

"I don't care."

"What's happening?" Willow asked quietly. Cosmo looked down.

"Nothing, it's adult stuff," he answered quickly, then turned back to Ivy. "But no one will want to deal with us! We will be the brothers of a wingless person. Have you even thought about us?"

"No one will care. No one will even know," she blurted out, gesturing actively. "Your wings are absolutely fine, and that's what matters."

"Willow's wings might be fine. But mine are absolutely messed up!" Cosmo called spitefully.

"You're right..." Ivy sank deeper into her chair. "We're all messed up, Cosmo. We're all messed up."