Tattoo

A/N: So I'm not exactly sure how old Caitlin was when her father died so for the sake of this one shot, pretend she was 17 or 18 when he died. Thank you, and enjoy! (The tattoo above is Caitlin's tattoo)

Barry's POV-

"Caitlin Snow was a rebellious teenager? I don't believe it!" I could hear Cisco's loud exclamation as I was walking into the cortex.

"If you ever met my mom, you would understand," came Caitlin's reply.

"Understand what?" Caitlin jumped at the sound of my voice but Cisco turned to face me grinning.

Caitlin opened her mouth to reply but Cisco beat her to the chance.

"Caitlin has a tattoo!" Cisco was beaming at his new found information while Caitlin gave him the most murderous look I'd ever seen, and I've faced murderers before.

My jaw dropped at the news and I couldn't take my eyes off of Caitlin. She noticed my stare and turned away.

"Can I see it?" I'm pretty sure I was just as surprised as she was by the question that came out of my mouth.

Cisco looked back and forth between us before speaking, "I'm gonna go build a gadget." He quickly turned around and left Caitlin and I standing alone in the cortex.

Caitlin's POV-

Leave it to Cisco to make an awkward moment even more awkward.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that." Barry sounded really embarrassed.

I steeled my nerves and looked at him, "It's okay, you can see it."

I began unbuttoning my shirt, Barry noticed and his eyes widened and he began looking anywhere but at me.

I chuckled a little bit. "I have a shirt on underneath this one Barry."

His face bloomed red and he rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh," was all he could manage. He was such a gentleman.

I finished unbuttoning my blouse and slipped it off. The cold air of the cortex touched my now bare shoulders and I shivered a little bit. I paused for a second, trying to gather up my courage.

"Please, don't make fun of it." I pleaded, my back facing Barry. I gathered the hem of my tank top in my hands and pulled it up until my small tattoo was visible. "I got it when I was 17. My mom was always really controlling and I wanted to act out against her in a small way so I ended up paying this girl in my art class to do it. When my mom saw it, she was furious, but my dad thought it was interesting. I had planned on getting it removed, but then my dad got sick. He had always called me "Snowflake" as a nickname, so when he died, this tattoo became a way to remember him." Tears were silently rolling down my cheeks as I bared my soul to Barry.

Barry's POV-

The tattoo was small, about the size of a Dollar coin, but somehow, it was the epitome of Caitlin Snow. It rested in the middle of her back, right below her shoulder blades.

It was a snowflake, small, but full of beautiful shades of blue and purple giving it a crystalline look. Before I realized what I was doing, I was reaching my hand towards it. When I made contact with her skin, I felt a spark and Caitlin jumped in surprise, turning her head to face me. I didn't realize how close I had gotten to her until her face was only millimeters from mine.

I stared into her eyes, not removing my hand. "It's beautiful," I tell her, meaning it with everything that I am. I noticed the tear tracks on her cheeks and I pulled her into a hug. "Thank you for showing me, you don't know what it means to me to know that you trusted me enough to show me this."

Caitlin's POV-

I buried my head in the crook of Barry's neck as he held me.

"Thank you for listening. The only other person I've ever told that story to was Ronnie. It means a lot to me Barry."

And he continued to hold me until every worry I'd had of telling him faded away.