(2) Pet Names

Cisco's POV-
   Oh man, Caitlin is going to kill me for being late... again. I ran through the doors of STAR Labs and into the elevator. Man I really wish I had been better at P.E. in school. As soon as the elevator doors opened again I was running, but stopped short when I heard a noise I hadn't heard in a long time; Caitlin Snow was giggling.
   "Barry, stop! You know I'm ticklish!" Caitlin's voice was full of laughter.
   "Well I'd hope you were ticklish, otherwise my attempts to tickle you would be really awkward." Barry laughed and then Caitlin began giggling again. I assumed Barry was tickling her again. I probably shouldn't be eavesdropping, but I back up against the wall and continue to listen.
   "Stop! Mercy! Barry, please!" the giggles continue, "Sparky!" Caitlin screeched, and then the giggles stopped.
    "You'd think that all the time we've been dating you'd think of a pet name for me that's a lot more romantic than 'Sparky', but nope," it sounded like Barry was pouting, so I bit my fist to keep from laughing out loud. They were dating? And what kind of name is Sparky?
    "Well, you have a sweet name for me, so I have to counterbalance it, it only makes sense."
    "Whatever you say, Snowflake."
    "See, how am I supposed to top that pet name?"
    Barry laughed, "I guess I did come up with a pretty great one, huh?"
    I continued to stand against the wall, waiting for more conversation, but all I heard was silence. I slowly crept my way around the corner and looked to see why everything in the cortex was silent. Barry had pulled Caitlin close and was staring into her eyes, and Caitlin was smiling in a way that I hadn't seen since Ronnie was alive. Caitlin lifted up just enough so that her lips could connect with Barry's, and I ducked back around the corner. Who was I to interrupt a moment like this? I made my way back towards the elevator, but filed away all that I'd learned to use another day.