(3) Patching Each Other Up

Barry's POV-
    "Ouch, Barry! You can't just stab me with the needle like that!" Caitlin rubbed the spot on her arm where I'd just injected her with pain killers.
    "I'm sorry, I panicked!" My hands were shaking as I put the syringe back onto cart of medical supplies. I clutched onto the cart trying to stop my shaking. The med bay bed creaked, and then Caitlin's hand was on my shoulder.
    "Barry, I'm fine. I'm not that hurt and it's not like I died this time," Caitlin laughed, but I didn't join her. I spun around and pulled her into a hug, burying my head into her neck, breathing in her scent. Her arms wrapped around me and she pulled my closer.
    "How do you do it? How do you watch me go out and risk my life and not freak out when I get hurt? You were here at STAR Labs, you were supposed to be safe, but you still got hurt. I'm so sorry Cait, I'm so sorry." I don't know when I started to cry, but I couldn't stop now. Caitlin ran her hand up and down my back, trying to sooth me.
    "When you go out, I get terrified every time, wondering if this will be the day that I lose you, but I have to trust that you'll come back to me. I look calm when I patch you up because that's how I was trained, but inside, I'm a mess. I want to break down and hold you and tell you to never leave me again, but this city needs you so I don't. Barry, look at me," I lifted my head off of her shoulder to look her in the eyes, "What happened today wasn't your fault, you got the meta who hurt me, everything's fine. It was just a few scratches and some bruised ribs. I knew that when I signed up to help you that things like this could happen, and I knew that once we got married it would get even crazier, but I don't for one second regret it. I love you, Barry Allen, and I would go through this every day for the rest of my life if it meant I still had you in my life."
    "I love you too, Caitlin Allen." I leaned down and gave her a quick peck on the lips, then took her hand beginning our trek to our car, "And Cait," I paused to look at her, and smiled, "don't expect me to patch you up every time you break something."