Fifteen

Luke's POV

I stepped up to Skylar's door. I shook out my hands, trying to come up with the nerve to knock. I can't believe it; I actually got her to go on a date with me.

I knocked lightly, waiting for the door to open. No answer. I knocked again, slightly harder, and before I knew it, she opened the door.

"Oh, hi Luke." She sniffled. I looked down at her, snuggled with a blanket around her.

"Hey, did you forget?" I looked into her blue green eyes and she quickly shook her head.

"No, of course not. I feel awful about this," she sniffed again "the nice weather change gave me a cold."

I stepped inside, slipping off my shoes.

"I am so sorry, Luke, I was really looking forward to this." She frowned.

I shrugged. Even though I was upset, I wasn't going to be mad. She was sick and nothing could change that.

"It's okay. We'll just stay here." I turned towards her, pulling her into a hug. She quickly pulled away, sneezing into her arm.

"Sorry." she mumbled. I chuckled and wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

We walked up to Skylar's room, where she hopped into bed. I sat down beside her as she scooted closer to me.

~~~~

We were now curled up in Skylar's bed. We just finished the movie Breakfast Club, which was one of her favorites, before she fell asleep.

During the movie, I noticed little small things about her that I would have never realized.

The way she pulls her blanket all the way to her chin. Her small nails scratching against her skin. The way the small hairs from her bun curl naturally.

She has a habit of quoting things from the movie, which I would chuckle at. She makes me forget about anything that worries me or upsets me. I never thought anyone could do that, yet here I was, having her snuggled up against me.

Everything about Skylar was amazing.

I looked down at my wrists, the small pink lines on them. Were they worth it? After all, Skylar gets so upset when I do it. But it's addictive, like a drug.

"Don't you... forget about me..." The movie played out. I looked at her one more time before grabbing the remote and turning the TV off.

I pulled her closer, resting her head on my chest, just where she needed to be.