Twenty Nine

((ROLLERCOASTERS ARE SCARY SHIT OKAY KIDS BE CAREFUL

there was this twelve year old in line and she was like "OMG I'm so scared I wish Luke Hemmings from 5 es oh es was holding my hand" so I turned around and said "I have his number and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't hold a twelve year olds hand" I'm so mean

PLEASE comment and leave likes guys :-( it's really really helpful for me and keeps me going and motivates me BC I love all of you))

My mom came over early the next morning, since she was leaving that afternoon. She wanted to make sure everything was okay after our lunch, which I was still a little upset about.

"Skylar, you know I didn't mean it like that, right?" She said as we all sat in the living room. I stirred my coffee and shrugged.

"I'm just hurt that you would say that to his face, mom. You have no idea what he goes through"

She sighed. "I know, honey, I'm sorry."

"It's not me that you should be apologizing to." I said, still looking into the swirls of my coffee.

"Well, I ought to get going, girls." Mom said, looking at her watch. She stood up, pulling Hannah into a tight hug.

I stood up, giving her a hug. I'll try not to hold a grudge on her, she is my mom after all.

Before I knew it, she was out the door.

Hannah sighed, flopping down on the couch again.

"She was something else this time." Hannah burried her head into the pillow.

"Yeah," I said, setting my coffee onto the counter. "I really hope Luke isn't upset about it."

"He said he wasn't," Hannah ran a hand through her messy hair. "Don't worry about it."

I sighed. That would be hard, not to worry about it. I looked at the time, eight o'clock.

"Would it be too early to go to the gym?" I asked, turning towards my room.

"Probably not." She said, pulling out her phone.

I made my way to my room, grabbing my cropped black leggings and a baggy All Time Low shirt from my drawers. As I went to the bathroom, I got a phone call.

"Hi Luke." I said, rummaging through my drawer for a ponytail.

"Hi," he said. "What are you doing today?"

"I plan on going to the gym."

Luke was quiet for a minute. "Do you... Do you mind if I come?"

I was surprised. "Oh, sure. I'll pick you up in a bit."

I put my hair up into a ponytail and grabbed my phone. I grabbed my keys and said a quick goodbye to Hannah before going and picking Luke up.

"Hi Luke." I said as he got into the car. He was wearing a tank and some shorts.

"Hey babe." He said, grabbing my hand.

"Babe?" I said, slightly giggling.

"What?" He chuckled as I pulled out of his driveway.

"That's new." I said.

We drove the rest of the way to the gym listening to music.

"Skylar!" Hazel greeted us with a smile. "Oh, who's this handsome young man?"

"This is Luke." I said with a smile, signing our names on the sign in sheet. They greeted each other before we made our way inside.

"What do you usually do?" Luke said, looking around.

I shrugged. "I usually jog on the treadmill and just go with the flow."

"Skylar!" We both turned to look at Cory walking towards us.

"Hello, Cory." I said with a smile.

Cory looked Luke up and down. "Who's this?"

"I'm Luke." Luke said. He was tensed up, leaning towards me.

"Nice to meet you," Cory said expressionless. "So are you two dating?" He turned back to me.

"Yes, actually, we are." Luke said, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Oh, I thought you were single, Sky." Cory frowned slightly.

"We aren't really officially dating." I said.

"Oh cool, cool," Cory nodded. "Hey, man, do you want to go lift?"

Luke looked to me and I smiled. "Yeah, okay." Luke took his arm off of me, following Cory to the weights.

Although Luke and Cory seemed like they had a thing against each other, I like how Cory still managed to act as though they could be friends.

-Luke's POV-

Cory sat down on the bench press next to me, looking at me. This was the guy Skylar told me about. But, we already had a history.

"Wow, Luke, I didn't think you had the game to get a girl like Skylar." Cory smirked to me.

"I didn't think Skylar could be friends with someone as stuck up and cocky as you." I spat back.

"How could she find someone like you even the slight bit tempting? Are you good in bed or something?" He squinted.

"Something like that." I said

He nodded. "Ah. So does she look good naked?"

I stayed quiet, looking at him. He wanted to get under my skin.

"I thought about it once, what it would be like to have her body pressed to mine."

"Shut up." I said sternly.

He smirked again. "I imagine grabbing her boobs, maybe even-"

I stood up, quickly grabbing his shoulder. "I said shut up."

"And what are you going to do about it?" Cory stood up.

"You're a pig."

"You're a pussy, all bark and no bite."

I looked over to Skylar, who was looking at us. I patted Cory's shoulder before waving to Skylar, who happily waved back.

"You're lucky Skylar is here, I would beat the shit out of you." I whispered, turning away from him.

"I'd like to see you try." Cory said loudly as I walked over to a different set of equipment.