Chapter 15

"To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting."
-Edmund Burke

Chapter 15 - Evidence

Detention wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Basically, it was an hour of Gene shooting me deadly glares while he whispered to the person next to him. The teacher didn't really care what we did, as long as we were quiet so I took the time to do my Algebra II homework. I know, I'm being productive for once! Although, Laurance ended up having to help me because I didn't really listen to anything the teacher taught.

"I'll walk you back to Garroth's house if you want," Laurance told me, slinging his bag over his shoulder.

"Nah, I'm fine. I can get back by myself."

"(Y/N), I don't want you to possibly run into him again and get in trouble."

I glanced over at Gene, who was still glaring daggers at me, and looked back at Laurance. "Okay, but only if you want to."

"So what are you going to do about soccer practice?" I asked Laurance as I stared at the pavement in front of me. (Thank you all for correcting me and telling me that I got Garroth and Laurance's sports switched.)

"What do you mean?"

"You know, we got detention and all. Don't tell me they kicked you off the team."

"No, no. I mean, they could probably see in the video that I never hit Gene in the first place so I think it's okay," Laurence said, making me let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank Irene," I laughed, stopping when we came in front of the Ro'Meave's house. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah," Laurence said, scratching the back of his neck again.

"You do that a lot."

"What?" Laurence looked at me puzzled.

"Scratch the back of your neck."

"O-Oh, yeah, I guess I do," Laurence laughed, "See you at school tomorrow."

As he left, I couldn't help but wonder why he was flustered from me just pointing out that he scratched the back of his neck a lot. Shrugging, I walked to the front door and knocked, knowing that the door would be locked.

Suddenly, Zianna opened the door, gazing at me with a very worried look. "Sweetie, are you okay?" She asked me, taking a hold of my shoulders, "I heard everything that happened from Gargar." I gave her a warm smile and followed her inside to the couch. "I'm going to go get you a drink."

Before I could refuse, she was already heading to the kitchen. Sighing, I laid back on the couch exhausted.

"(Y/N), you're back," I heard a familiar high-pitched voice call out. Opening my eyes, I saw Zane standing in front of me with a look I couldn't decipher. "A-Are you okay?" He asked me, a light red dusting his cheeks.

"What?" I questioned him in shock, not believing he was actually asking if I was okay.

"I-I said, are you okay?"

I watched as he looked away, trying to avoid eye contact with me. I tried not to laugh at him as he kept on looking around me instead of at me. "Well this is new, are you actually starting to care about someone?"

"W-What?" He stuttered, his whole face turning red, "Y-You're ridiculous to even think that!" In the end, I couldn't help myself and I started to burst out laughing, clutching my stomach because of how amusing his reaction was. "Oh my Irene," He whined, glaring daggers at me, "I try to do one good thing and this is what happens. I'm done."

"No, no," I chuckled, wiping the tears that escaped, "Thank you, Zane."

"Whatever," He mumbled, stomping back upstairs with his normal bad attitude.

After a few moments, Zianna quickly walks back into the room, gazing at me with a confused expression. "What's so funny?" She asked me, handing me a mug with tea in it.

"It's nothing," I smiled at her, taking a sip of the warm tea she gave me.

"What are you doing?" Zane growled, earning himself an amused from me.

"Am I not allowed in your room?" I asked him, sitting down on his bed.

He ignored my question and just glared at me. "I told you not to touch my bed."

"Aw, come on!" I complained, sprawling out on his bed, "It's such a comfortable bed!" I heard a grunt of disapproval before Zane twisted his chair back to face his desk.

In curiosity, I sat back up and gazed at his computer, trying to find out what's on it. "What are you doing?"

"I'm playing an RPG, not like you would know what that is," He told me. As I stood up from the bed and shuffled closer to him, I didn't fail to notice him glancing over his shoulder at me a couple of times.

"Of course I know what an RPG is," I replied, standing behind him to get a good look at the game.

"Can you please get away? I'm kind of in the middle of a dungeon right now."

I laughed and leaned forward a bit more, teasing him. "What, am I distracting you?"

"Can't you see I'm busy?" He yelled, a pint tint on his cheeks, "Get away!"

I took a step back and threw my hands up in surrender, "Sorry, I didn't know you were so serious about it."

In response, Zane rolled his eyes and focused back on his computer, leaving me to so whatever I wanted.

??? POV

"They couldn't," Laurance murmured, his face scrunching up in confusion. I kept in my laughter and forced down my smirk, trying my best to keep it looking authentic.

"It's true. I don't know what got them to do it," I sighed, turning off my phone before I slid it into my back pocket, "I guess they were just setting us up."

"That can't be," Laurance said, glaring at me, "You're setting them up!"

"Tell that to the evidence on my phone," I defended, pushing some black hair out of my face.

"But I was with them the entire time," Laurance whispered softly, not sure whether to believe it or not.

"I don't know what to tell you," I shrugged, "But I wouldn't trust them anymore."

༺༒༻

I kind of had trouble thinking of a chapter name. Plus, I had an idea for this chapter and forgot the next day when I was going to write. Fun.

ToxicSilence : "Maybe Zane could see the video of the fight and go up to Y/N and ask if they are okay."

Your idea kind of saved me at the moment because I didn't know what to write. That doesn't mean I don't have other ideas that I'm doing (because I do) but other suggestions I got are going to be used in future chapters. Anyway, thank you so much for the idea!

If you have any ideas/suggestions you would like me to use, tell me!

I hope you all have a wonderful day/night!

- Author~Chans