Chapter 21

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
- Dr. Seuss

Chapter 21 - Gossip

I was extremely agitated the rest of the school day. Gene seemed to not be able to leave my mind even for a second. His annoying and arrogant face just popped up in my head and I just wanted to take it and throw it out of the window. But, I would be suspended if I did anything for real so I just imagined it.

Anyway, after mentally getting my revenge on Gene, I headed over to the normal lunch table that Aphmau and Katelyn always reserve for the rest of the group.

"What's up (Y/N)?" I just shrugged, continuing to stare at my tray as I sat it down and took a seat across from her.

"You look a bit... irritated," Aphmau pointed out, earning a small glare from me.

"Really now?" I smiled at her and took a bite of my food.

"Okay," Katelyn said, getting in her 'let's talk' stance, "Tell me what's wrong."

I sat up straight and folded my arms across my chest, taking a deep breath in. "Gene is such an arrogant piece of trash."

Katelyn and Aphmau stayed silent for a while, not sure what to respond with. "That's all you're going to say?" Katelyn questioned me, raising an eyebrow.

"What else is there to say?"

Katelyn tilted her head at me as I took a bite out of my sandwich, not wanting to think about earlier even though it was nearly impossible.

"Um, maybe you should tell us what got you to think that."

I laughed, "Its Gene, everyone thinks that."

"Wait, what about Gene?" A warm voice from beside me spoke up. The light brown haired boy sat next to me, appearing very interested in our topic.

Instead of answering him, I took another bite of my sandwich, trying to ignore the anger coursing through my veins.

"We were trying to get (Y/N) to talk about what was bothering her. Apparently, Gene did something to get her this annoyed," Aphmau told Laurance for me, looking at me blankly.

"Did you talk to him this morning?" Laurance asked me.

"Don't even get me started," I warned him, taking another deep breath.

"Well, I guess that answers that question," Laurance chuckled.

"What are we talking about?" Garroth showed up beside Laurance.

"Gene," Katelyn answered, earning another glare from me.

"What about-"

"Can we not talk about him?" I cut Garroth off, getting some attention from the people sitting around us.

"Fine, then I can get on another topic that I've been wanting to speak to you about," Katelyn smirked, causing me to think about what I've done. "So, what's going on between you and Zane?"

I huffed, setting down my sandwich a bit too harshly. "Why does everyone think that there's something between Zane and me? There's nothing going on!"

Katelyn put her hands up in defense as Aphmau started to slowly back away from the table.

"It's really cute though," Garroth giggled beside me, "I ship it."

I quickly spun my head toward him, giving him a death glare. "Why do I have to be the highlight of these conversations? Why can't it be about... Aphmau and that guy in her werewolf class."