I Just Wanna Say You're Mine

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

--

June 28, 2014 - 10:23am - JFK International Airport - NYC, NY

Bey POV

As soon as Kenyon stood me up on the floor of the aircraft, everyone looked alarmed

As soon as Kenyon stood me up on the floor of the aircraft, everyone looked alarmed. I covered my face a little. I hated being stared at. I looked down at my yellow footies and my bloodstained patient attire and realized the reason for the sideways looks. Nicki came up behind me, wrapping her arms around my neck and chatter immediately broke out between everyone. Between the two of us we must've looked like a missing act from Cirque du Soleil.

"Onika!" A pretty light skin jumped up from her window seat and rushed over to us. I recognized her from the last time I flew with Nicki. "What the fuck happened?"

"Watch your mouth." Nicki rolled her eyes.

She reached out and smushed Nicki's cheeks, turning her head from side to side. Her left cheek was swollen, presumably from where Kelly struck her, her nose was starting to turn a greenish-yellow color from the bruising, and her nail beds were cracked and bleeding. "Nika what happened?"

Nicki grabbed her hand, turning her head. "I got jumped."

"You got jumped?" The girl made a face and put her hands on her hips indignantly. "By who?"

"It doesn't matter." Nicki shook her head and rested it on my shoulder. I thought it was funny how nobody seemed to be acknowledging the fact I was standing in the room.

"It doesn't matter!? I have to dress you tomorrow! What am I gonna do with a busted nose and a swollen cheek?"

"I don't know." Nicki smacked her lips. "Your best."

"And where was Kenyon when this was going down?" The girl shot him a death glare.

"Taking a donut break." Nicki snickered.

Kenyon rolled his eyes. "Man whatever."

"Melissa is gonna--"

"I'll deal with it!" Nicki blew up suddenly and I jumped a mile high. She was right next to my ear. "Melissa this, Melissa that is all I'm hearing lately. Don't forget I'm the reason we face to face right now." I pulled at my earlobe to get rid of the ringing. "I'm sorry baby." She apologized, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"It's okay." I replied. Nicki started peppering my cheek with kisses and I smiled.

"I heard you died." The girl said suddenly.

"Leah!" Nicki roared and I jumped again. My heart started racing and I covered my ears. I didn't know why I was so jumpy but if one more person raised their voice around me today I was probably gonna cry.