Loner boy

If there are any mistakes I apologize ahead of time. The story line is based off something that happened Friday. I did not proof read this so I also apologize for that.

Your POV

Nikki and I were in her basement watching YouTube videos until a thought came to my head. Usually every time I'm over, we usually go to the park that's about 5 minutes away from her house.

"Hey do you wanna go to the park before we eat" I said and she turned her attention to me "sure" she said as she looked at the time.

"it's 5:17 now. We can leave now and come back before 6:30" she said as we both got up in unison. We walked upstairs, got our shoes on and began our walk to the park.

The walk was short but sweet. We held a small conversation until we reached our destination. From the distance you could hear the laughter from the playground and the bouncing of a basketball from afar.

There was a boy (who's features were to hard to make out from afar) playing basketball and from the looks of it, he was pretty good (barely missing a shot) . When we arrived, we walked to the swing area (cause that was our favourite spot) until we noticed that there was only 1 out of 4 swings available, or so we thought. Out of no where this lady and her granddaughter went on the last available swing. " oh cmon" Nikki said as I laughed at her frustration "it's not funny" she said a little annoyed with my response but I still continued to laugh.

That's when I finally got to look at him. He stood there on the basketball court with his phone in his right hand while he held his basketball ball in his left. He had blonde hair but majority was covered by his hat. Moments later he noticed us and continued to play basketball.

Nikki and I walked to the bench that was closest to the swings (which was one of the few that were available and was some how close to the basketball court) just in case two become available for the both of us.

That's when he started missing his shots. (Mini a/n it rained earlier  Friday morning) From the corner of my eye I could see that every time he missed, the ball would get closer and closer to us and into the puddles. The first shot he missed, he did it on purpose. Now I know what you may be thinking "you're over reacting" well honey I'm about to prove my theory. He threw the ball directly in the puddle. ( Guys I'm not joking this is legit)  

At this point, Nikki and I were sitting on the bench, talking about funny memories until she started ranting about about these 2 little girls, who have been swinging for what seems like forever, hogging the swings. She was to my right and as I was looking in her direction I saw him staring at us but I thought that he was looking at Nikki.

Throughout our conversation I would look over at him from time to time,obviously not trying to make it noticeable. However at one point I caught him staring at us. Not to long after that, the little girl and her grandmother got up from the swing. 

" look ones available. Go get it before it gets taken again" I said turning to her again " only if you come and stand by me" she said trying to include me due to the fact that only one was available. She looked at me waiting for my response " sure" I said as she got up walking towards the swing. She looked back hoping that I was following her but soon realized that I was  still in the same spot she left me in. "Aren't  you coming" she said looking back at me with a confused face " yeah I'll be there in a minute" I said with a small reassuring smile. she started swinging and I noticed that the boy missed the net once again but this time it went into the biggest puddle.

I giggled a little looking at his reaction. As he went to reach for the ball, he looked up at me, but to avoid further  embarrassment, I looked away.  That's when I finally decided to get up and walk to where Nikki was. From there on we kind of just went back and forth, well mostly me because I got to lazy standing   there for so long. It was about 5:45 and I was sitting there watching her swing until from the corner of my eye, I saw him pick up his stuff and walking away. A little part of me was sad due to the fact that he was leaving. He was really cute. As he started walking, the 2 little girls both got up, giving me the opportunity to swing with Nikki. 

"Did you see him" I asked her swinging a bit as I slowly watched him vanish from my view

"yeah but I never got to see his face" she said as her head turned towards mine "was he cute" 

I turned my focus to her after he was out of sight " yeah he was"

We talked about him for another 10 minutes  or so until we decided to head back to her house. "We should call him Loner Boy" she said as we began our journey back to her house " why" I said looking at her " because he was playing basketball by himself" she said as I let out a laugh. "Loner Boy" I whispered to myself as I smiled a little. 

"You know" she said with a little smirk " he was checking you out"  I shook my head and rolled my eyes " If anything he was probably checking you out" I said " y/n just except the fact that he was checking you out. Every time you moved, his eyes followed" she said "how do you know that" I said stopping and looking at her " Y/n I saw him with my own two eyes" she said walking past me with a smile on her face. 

" Maybe we'll meet again Loner Boy" I said catching up to her

A/n

part 2 

(1135 words) 

Hey guys I hoped you enjoyed this. I will be updating a lot more since summer holiday is here. I want to make a part 2 for this but you guys let me know your thoughts about this imagine. I also wanted to say thank you for continuing to show your support for my books it truly means a lot to me. 

I love you guys 

~Olivia aka Liv