Chapter 5

September 3, 2011
Malia

I woke up this morning and saw that it was 8 o'clock. I got up from my bed and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

I saw my mom and nanny sitting at the island.

"Good morning sweetheart." My nanny said.

"OMG! Malia, what happened to your cheek?" My mom asked.

"Samantha." I said. "What did she do?" My mom asked.

"We won last night. She came up to me and started saying that I'm not good enough." I said while crying.

My mom got up from her seat and came over to me

"She's just trying to get to you. Don't listen to her." My mom said while cupping my cheeks into her hands.

"But mom she's right. I'm the reason why we lost that day." I said while crying harder.

"Malia, you're an amazing soccer player. Why'd you think they ask you to play with them cause your just that good." My mom said.

I just cried harder and my mom pulled me into a hug

My nanny came over and joined the hug with us. I pulled away from the hug and wiped my tears away.

"I'm going to go back to my room." I said while running upstairs to my room.

As I was running upstairs, Melissa was coming downstairs.

"Malia, what's wrong?" Melissa asked me. I just kept running to my room and ignored her.

I made it to my room and locked the door. I went over to my bed and cried my eyes out.

I've never had really cared what Samantha said to me.