Chapter Two

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN ATHLETE's POV

"Congratulations to our new MVP and academic scholar!" The headmistress announced.

I was in a total adrenaline rush as I made my way towards the stage. The sound of people cheering and clapping overwhelmed me.

I was met by the headmistress' hands which had the MVP trophy award with the academic scholar medal hanging over on her left hand and her free hand on the right to shake hands with me.

I smiled and shake her hand happily, I grabbed my award and made my way towards the center of the stage. The audience kept on cheering and clapping for me and suddenly stood up. They were giving me a standing ovation. I pulled my happy face and mouthed a huge 'Thank you!' at them. Seriously, I felt like a beauty queen who had just won a pageant. No flying kisses for everyone though.

After that epic moment was over, I exited the auditorium and decided to have lunch. Suddenly, my phone rang.

The caller ID shows that my boyfriend was calling.

"Hey, babycakes!" I answered.

"Hey, munchkins! Just got out of work for my lunch break. I'm on my way to your school. Wanna go out and celebrate?"

"I would love to."

"Great. See you in a few."

I hung up and smiled like an idiot. I'm so lucky to have a boyfriend who treats me like a queen despite our five-year age difference. I waited in front of the university gate then suddenly a pearl-gray Maserati Spyder roared through the streets, pulling into the driveway and stopped right in front of me. The car door opened upward in a swift motion.

There, I saw a Greek god walking towards me: tall, broad shouldered, with fair skin, clear green eyes, and wavy, golden hair.

"Hey, sugar pie!" He said, his voice deep and melodic. "Congratulations, baby."

"Aww thanks, sweetie." I gave him a peck on the cheek and hugged him.

Yeah, we're pretty big on calling cute nicknames. Guess it never gets old but I think it's totally romantic.

As we released each other, his face lit up when he looked at me from head to toe. "Wow. You look fantastic."

"Thank you. So do you." I didn't know what else to reply. To be honest, he'd beat me in my university uniform from his business suit which look like that he just pulled out of a mannequin straight out of Abercrombie.

My boyfriend lead me over to the passenger side of his two-seater convertible, he opened the door for me and watched me climbed in. He closed the door and rush towards the driver's seat and squeezed himself in. Before we know it, we were cruising on the streets of the university belt with the top down.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

I looked at my silver Rolex watch he gave to me for my birthday. "I haven't eaten since breakfast. I guess I am kind of hungry."

"Well, I haven't made reservations from our usual place but I'm sure I can squeeze ourselves in."

Me and my boyfriend usually have meals at this five-star restaurant that serves the best Italian dishes we both love. Though I winced at the thought that we had to make our way to that place and my man has to settle like a $100 to the maître de just to eat there.